Chapter 11: Sunshine And GAAAAAAAH

After lunch the pair made their way downtown, hands tightly intertwined as they walked, looking into windows and at the many shops that dotted Vale's cityscape.

"This is so pretty!" Ruby cooed, eyes filled with stars as she locked them into a glass statue of a snowflake.

And as Ruby was so distracted with that, Weiss easily slipped out of view and into the store, making her way up to the counter.

"I'd like to purchase the snowflake." She told the man at the counter.

He looked behind her and smiled as Ruby came into sight, still gawking at the crystalline sculpture. "Am I fair in assuming it is for the girl there?"

Weiss smiled slightly to herself before turning back to the man. "How much for it?"

"230 Lien."

Flashing the silver card again, she quickly paid before the man went and took the snowflake from the window display, instantly disappointing Ruby before she realized that Weiss was standing just behind him.

As her partner left the store with a heavy duty paper bag, Ruby struggled not to look inside just to confirm that it was the glass statue.

Weiss raised a brow at the girl, amused at how curious she was acting. "I'll give it to you when we get back to the dorms."

"I-It's for me..?"

"It is."

The look of amazement and wonder on her face was perfect for the colder girl, her heels gently clicking as they walked. It was plenty payment for the ornament. Even if she'd rather take a kiss in exchange.

Why must I be such a useless lesbian..?

"Ruby?" A boy questioned from behind the pair, Weiss furrowing her brow in annoyance.

Why must I keep getting interrupted in my lesbian mating rituals?!

The pair turned to see a sun kissed blond with a tail and his shirt half done standing there with a massive grin of excitement on his face.

Ruby made a face of simple confusion at the boy's excitement over the situation. "Hey, Sun."

WHY IS SHE FRATERNIZING WITH THIS HALFWIT?!

"It's great to see you!" He called as he ran over and pulled her into a hug, kissing Ruby's head as he lifted her off the ground.

"Sun, we have class together all the time, we see each other constantly." She pointed out, easily slipping out of his grip and landing safely next to Weiss before pouting back up at him.. "And please don't kiss my head like that, I'm not a little girl."

"Bitch, you're adorable." He laughed throwing an arm around her before turning to Weiss. "So who's your scary friend?"

"Who, Weiss? She's not scary at all." Ruby laughed, gesturing to the girl that was trying to stop Sun's heart with a glare. "Weiss Schnee, Sun Wukong. Sun Wukong, Weiss Schnee."

"Schnee?" He asked suspiciously. "As in the faunus labor extorting, nature destroying, dark lord funding, wand making Schnees?"

Weiss narrowed her eyes in frustration. "Ok, listen here and listen well! I am not my family, I am better than them a~" She cut herself short. "What was that about a dark lord?"

"Nothing will convince me that the Schnee CEO is not a dark lord of evil magic." Sun proclaimed, standing tall. "That's why he's trying to take over the world."

Weiss thought that over for a moment before nodding to herself in decision.

Got it, he's too stupid to be a threat.

"Alright, I will accept that answer." She told the faunus. "And yes, I am one of those Schnees."

"Cool, you're rich." He laughed, clapping his hands together. "So you can pay for lunch!"

"Too bad, we already ate." She told him, pulling Ruby out from under his arm and back to herself. "We had a wonderful meal not an hour ago."

The boy frowned, his eyes looking down at Weiss' hand wrapped around Ruby's hip. "That so..." He thought for a moment before a smirk came to his lips, crossing his arms in triumph. "Well, how about this. You can do whatever it is you're doing with Ruby, and I'll take her out for a wonderful dinner."

Ruby could almost hear Weiss' blood pressure rise, though she didn't quite understand why. "Hey, maybe we could talk about that later." The girl suggested.

"Or never..." Weiss breathed out, tense and really really wishing that she knew the advanced curses. Why is that a third year class..?

"I'll pick you up at 8 tonight." Sun told her, ruffling her hair before making his way further down the street.

The girl with dyed hair waved goodbye to him before going to fix her hair, not noticing the closed eyes and slight expression of discomfort from Weiss. So she has him around all the time... Everyday... Just wonderful.