Chapter 28: Stalker

Start from the beginning

The problem was, she hasn't heard someone call her that and she couldn't recall the past. So she searched around the book, looking for a name or perhaps some other information. All she could find was a number on the back of the book. '39'.

Her eyes widened when she thought of what it could have meant. The first thought she had was that there were at least 38 other books of her. Where are they? Whose book is this? They were all thoughts that ran through her head in panic.

"(Y/n)!" Rei said, pounding on the door, "Are you dressed? Or should I dress you myself - OW!"

"Shut up, already," Yamato scoffed, "Hurry up, (Y/n)!"

"I meant I wanted to pick her outfit! I wasn't being a pervert!" the blonde argued, sounding as though he was shouting in the brunette's ear.

She had no idea what to do. Should she play dumb and keep the book there or take it with her? She decided to go with the former idea, placing it on the floor in a manner so that it looked like it had fallen. Then she quickly changed into the dress she'd been looking at, stepping out of the walk-in closet.

"Beautiful!" Rei said, clapping his hands together, "Magnificent! Sublime!"

"Yes," Takuya blushed, "You look...angelic."

At the mention of the word 'angelic', the girl raised her eyebrows. Perhaps it wasn't exactly the word 'goddess', but it wasn't often used by others. However, as she thought about it a little more, her suspicions about Takuya being the one who wrote the book were crushed as she remembered the was a page where he was photographed with her.

As she continued on that train of thought, she also suspected it couldn't be Yamato, Narahashi, Yusei, or Haru since they were in the student council picture. Strangely enough, although it was in his closet, it also couldn't have been Rei.

Then she remembered the door and walked through the closet, making the blonde follow after her, curiously. As she tried to open the door, she couldn't get it to open, concluding it was locked.

"What's on the other side of that door?" she asked, nervously.

"Just a guest room," he shrugged.

The options in her mind suddenly limited itself to two people. Obviously, only someone who is close to Rei or his family would be able to use that room. So, out of all of his friends, whom she knew, there was only Shota or Akari who could have stayed there. Of course, that didn't necessarily mean that they were the culprit but it was a likely option.

"Why're you thinking so much?" Yamato scoffed.

"Did I make you upset?" Takuya panicked, "I should've said you looked incredible - err, attractive - err, sexy? I don't know! I'm so sorry, (Y/n)."

"No," she said, putting her hand on his shoulder, "It's not that. I just...well, nevermind."

"In that case," Rei chuckled, "Let's go have some fun!"

He put an apron in her arms and pushed her to the kitchen on the other side of the room. Then he took out some ingredients from the pantry and set them on the counter. Helping her put on the apron, he took it from her arms and tied it around her waist. Taking a step back, he smiled and tilted his head.

"Breathtaking," he cheered, clapping his hands together in awe of her beauty.

"What was the point in putting on this dress if you were going to make me get it all dirty?" (Y/n) asked.

"It's a fantasy," he grinned, "Coming home to a beautiful girl cooking for you? Ideally, I'd love to come home and cook with you, but I don't mind either way."