1. The Oracion Seis

I know this is kind of a weird arc to start with but whatever. I had an idea and I rolled with it.

If there's any characters you'd like me to add, please let me know.

Some I may not write for because I either can't get the characterization right or feel that they'd be better suited as friends.

Also, I'll write scenes for characters, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll get an ending. If they haven't spent enough time together, I won't write it. I don't want the relationships to seem too forced.

~~~

The group of wizards watched, eyes wide in shock as the Blue Pegasus' Magic Bomber, Christina, shuddered violently. Black smoke billowed from the airship, wrapping around it like a cloak. Orange flames glowed eerily, illuminating the ship's final moments as it plummeted through the air.

It was beautiful in an unsettling way. The way that the windows shone like hundreds of piercing eyes. How the tendrils of smoke seemed to dance in the wind. The screech of metal tearing apart rang out as the Christina rumbled once more.

And then for a moment, all was quiet.

Then, the ground shook, and a deafening explosion rang through the forest. Birds fled in terrified flocks. Leaves and branches flew from the trees. Hair and clothes were pulled by the force of the wind. The ground split at the site of the impact, rocks tumbling down into the gaping chasm.

The Alliance stood still for a moment, trying to process what they'd just witnessed... How could this have happened? How could they have failed so badly before they'd even truly begun?

Natsu was the first to break free from their shared trance.

"Gray," he muttered, voice low carrying an unspoken warning. He shifted into a defensive position, his fists raised and his magic surged in preparation.

"I know, we've got company," Gray replied, before raising his voice to address the rest of the group. "Everyone stay frosty!"

The spectating wizards prepared themselves for what was to come, glaring intently at the six figures that emerged from the dark cloud of smoke before them.

The Oracion Seis.

"Lowly maggots, swarming together," Brain, the leader, was the first to speak. He regarded the Allied Forces through narrowed eyes gleaming with self-righteous contempt.

Angel smirked with a dismissive wave. She hid a sinister smile behind her gloved hand, pressing a slender finger to pink lips, as she cooed. "I'm afraid short stuff isn't going to make it to the party."

"And neither is the big bald wizard saint!" Gemini exclaimed in sync, dancing around in the air. The spirits shared a derisive laugh. "We took him down!"

"He was defeated?"

"Impossible!"

The wizards gasped, sharing a series of looks. If Jura had been defeated what chance did they have? He was the strongest of them. If he had been taken out so easily... Well, they didn't stand a chance.

"There's terror in their voices; I can hear it," Cobra said coldly before turning his gaze to the woods. "I can hear you too."

The rest of the wizards watched him curiously. They were the only people there. Surely they would have known if anyone else was being sent. Even if another wizard had appeared, why wouldn't they have made their presence known?

"Who d'ya think you're talkin' to?!" Natsu spat, hands clenching into fists. "We're right here!"

"I just said, I can hear you," he said, ignoring Natsu's outburst. His honeyed voice dropped as he raised a brow. "You know it's quite rude to keep everyone else out of the loop; why not come and join us?"