Entry # 25: The Not-So Safe Electricity Maze and The Money-Making Ball Game

Turns out, there is no fishing rod in the northern direction. There sat a snowman who wanted to see the world but is unable to move from his position. He asked the children to take a part of him and plant it somewhere far away. Jaede instantly agreed and gently scooped a piece of the snowman. She stored it in her inventory.

"Thank you. . ." The snowman said gratefully. "Good luck!"

The quintet bid him goodbye and returned to the frozen pond. They managed to keep their jaws from hitting the snowy ground when they spotted Alice gracefully gliding on the ice without skates. The blonde never made a mistake in her twirls and turns, perfectly performing a Loop Jump and a Triple Axel without much of a hassle. Viorel perched on the sidelines, sketching something on his pad. After another Loop Jump, Alice skidded to a stop at the edge of the pond, where Viorel is sitting.

"Wow! THAT WAS AMAZING!" Gerard bolted in front of Alice with a huge grin plastered on this face. The blonde stepped back to gain some space. Noticing this, Gerard inched a little farther from Alice. The blonde appreciated his acuity and smiled at him.

Justin stared at the frozen pond and then looked at Alice. "You never told us you know how to skate."

"I was an ice skater before I ju-fell down here." Alice "corrected" herself. Her companions didn't know - well, with the exemption of one - that she had hiked up the "cursed" mountain for a rather dark intention. She never thought she would survive, get raised by a goat dad she came to adore more than her actual dad and become siblings with a bunch of crazy children she came to love more than her biological brother. She might tell all of them in the future about the reason she climbed Mt. Ebott, but now is not the time.

Jaede beamed, impressed. "That's an amazing talent, Liz."

Alice replied modestly. "Thank you."

"What did you find?" Viorel raised his sketchbook.

"A snowman who wants to travel the world. Nothing interesting." Saturn replied.

Alice sighed. She'd like to skate for a little longer, but they can't dilly-dally in a place where Monsters want to hurt them and take their souls. "Let's keep on moving then."

✨ • ✨ • ✨

The group crossed paths with the skeleton brothers again, who are arguing on the other side of a flattened square portion of the snowy ground.

"YOU'RE SO LAZY!! YOU WERE NAPPING ALL NIGHT!!" Sans chastised in the typical knockabout volume of his voice.

Papyrus shrugged. "i think that's called sleeping."

"EXCUSES, EXCUSES!" Sans huffed, then his pinpricks landed on the humans and his grin grew inches wider. "OH-HO, THE HUMANS ARRIVE! IN ORDER TO STOP YOU, MY BROTHER AND I HAVE CREATED SOME PUZZLES! I THINK YOU WILL FIND THIS ONE. . . QUITE SHOCKING!!!"

"Let me guess, this puzzle is an invisible electricity maze." Saturn spoke in a leaden tone.

"WOWZERS! THIS HUMAN IS QUITE SMART!! THEY FIGURED OUT THE NATURE OF THIS PUZZLE!" Sans screeched in surprise.

"The pun is a dead giveaway." She pointed out.

"I SAID NO SUCH THING!!!" The chubby skeleton refuted. "ANYWAY, WHEN YOU TOUCH THE WALLS OF THIS MAZE, THIS ORB," He fished out a crystal sphere the size of a tennis ball from his pocket. "WILL ADMINISTER A HEARTY ZAP OF 10,000 VOLTS!" The children's jaws hit the ground this time, and even Papyrus looked perplexed. Chara nearly shrieked like a pterodactyl. The maze doesn't zap that much electricity in the previous timelines! "SOUND LIKE FUN?? BECAUSE! THE AMOUNT OF FUN YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE, IS ACTUALLY RATHER SMALL I THINK." Sans continued.