Entry # 7: THE FIRST HUMAN

I've always resented humanity.

I see our species as nothing but a bunch of vile creatures with a thirst for bloodshed and conquest. We turn to brutality the second it is an option. We wage war amongst ourselves out of lust for power and riches. We've committed evils that can bring all of hell to shame.

We have LOVE in spades.

I find this all utterly disgusting.

I want nothing to to with our kind. I was very determined not to be like them.

That is the reason I climbed Mt. Ebott, counting on the shady legends that enveloped the mountain for generations. I wanted to cut ties with this filthy world. So I jumped.

Yet underground, I found paradise like no other.

I was the first human to fall into the prison that held Monsterkind captive for a thousand years. And yet they held no hatred towards me; a human, probably even a descendant of the very people that trapped them here in the first place.

They took me in. They fed me. They clothed me. They put a roof on my head. They cared for me.

They showed me that there is still beauty in this broken world. They showered me with real, unconditional love my own kind never gave.

I find myself loving them back.

The King and Queen are my parents. The Prince is my brother. I became the Princess of Monsters.

But our happiness did not last long. All because of my stupidity.

DR. GASTER, the Royal Scientist that time, became interested with my SOUL. I weild a very rare and incredibly powerful trait.

DETERMINATION. The willpower to continue on living. In short, never giving up.

He helped me harness my abilities. He is no Royal Guard, but he sure knows how to give even the toughest cadet around a run for their money. One can say he's like an uncle to me and ASRIEL.

That aside, I began planning to free the monsters the moment he began my training. I used our sessions to inconspicuously ask him about the barrier. I also took secret escapades to the Royal Library at night. I researched under my parents' radar. I made sure my brother didn't know about it either.

Turns out, I need the six other traits to set the monster free.

BRAVERY.

JUSTICE.

KINDNESS.

PATIENCE.

INTEGRITY.

PERSEVERANCE.

I find it hard to believe that humans have such soul traits.

But it's the only shot I have. So I took the risk and asked ASRIEL to accompany me in my quest.

Looking back, I shouldn't have done so. He is too sweet and compassionate to even hurt a fly. Once he absorbed my SOUL and we crossed the barrier, the weight of our mission finally settled in his head.

He refused to fight back even as the humans assaulted him mercilessly.

We managed to limp back home, wounded and bloody, before we collapsed into a pile of dust. The last thing I heard was our mother's wails and our father's sobs.

I became stuck in the VOID for a very long time. You can say that I was "asleep", for my DETERMINATION kept my spiritual form anchored in this world. Although I was oblivious to time in that pitch black realm, I can feel the presence of other beings lurking in the dark.

I felt DR. GASTER's presence, when the CORE incident wiped him out of reality. I felt another child's presence too; for some reason, my code is disturbingly similar to theirs.

I woke up when he fell into the Underground. Someone whose DETERMINATION exceeds mine.

I became his guide, his translator and later on, his friend.

Initially, I see him as nothing but a tool that will help me execute the plan we failed to complete decades ago. Break that barrier. Set the monsters free.

He was a pacifist. I've never seen a human so unwilling to hit someone before. I guess that restored a bit of my faith to humanity.

He did a True Pacifist Route and successfully broke the barrier without resorting to violence. The monsters were happy to finally have the chance to see the sun once more.

But I wasn't contented.

What about the other Human Souls? What about DR. GASTER? What about ASRIEL?

They deserve a second chance to live as well.

I told him this, and he agreed to RESET.

However, the second timeline had the same results. And the next. And the next. And the next. And the one after that.

After 100 RESETS of failed attempts to SAVE everyone, I decided to do things myself.

He will go nowhere staying pacifist.

That was my second mistake.

I didn't realize that my continuous RESETs began to affect the codes of our world. Changes were subtle at first, like Muffet wearing a purple maid outfit instead of pink and Napstaton playing different soundtracks every time we meet him.

It was until the world began to glitch that I finally realized the consequences of our actions.

. . .

This result is unacceptable. There must be a way to attain that ending. The perfect ending. The ending where we move forward without leaving anyone behind.

. . .

I wonder. . . What if the fallen children never died in the first place? Will this run veer toward the fate I desire?

On the flip side, the program will be a problem. . . Hmm. . .

However. . .

That can be easily taken cared of.

When there's a will, there's a way, after all.