Entry # 9: ASGORE

"PATIENCE had fallen, and now there are four. I'm getting worried, Papyrus." I sighed with concern, leaning against the thick double doors separating the Ruins from the rest of the Underground.

This is one of the moments I get a chance to talk to a good friend of mine. He is my eyes and ears beyond my home, someone I trust wholeheartedly.

"getting crowded there, hmm?" Papyrus' muffled voice replied. "as long as they don't go outside, i'm sure they wood be just pine."

I chuckled at his pun. He just loves making them everytime he gets the chance. Although I know that some people might find it annoying, in my opinion, puns are rather funny and entertaining.

"so this yew kid, what are they like?" He inquired.

I sniffled my laughter, trying to answer as normal as possible. "Her name is Alice. The way she holds herself reminded me those who belong to nobility." My tone turned thoughtful as I described the recent fallen child. "She is a proper young lady. Her name matches her personality, and the color of her soul."

"sounds like a hater of bad manners and messy rooms." Papyrus commented.

"Indeed." Her argument with Gerard over the trivial matter of scattered clothing in the boys' bedroom is still fresh in my mind. It's nothing major, however, their bickering swiftly escalated to a small game of "dodge the laundry".

"How are you and your siblings? What is happening outside?" I asked carefully, trying not to sound demanding.

"meh, sans, lux and i are alright." I can imagine him shrugging on the other side. "the monsters who support the queen's declaration are getting impatient though. might kill a human the second they see one, even though most our generation doesn't even know what a human looks like."

I exhaled sharply at the last sentence. I love you so much Tori, but I can't let your plans succeed. Not when innocent children are on the line.

After seconds of contemplation, I made up my mind.

"Papyrus, I have a favor to ask of you." I spoke firmly.

"anything, Gorey." Came his laid-back response.

I continued solemnly. "If ever the kids decided to wander outside, please, just please, promise me something. . . "

. . . .

. . . .

. . . .

. . . .

. . . .

. . . .

. . . .

. . . .

. . . .

"i. . . i promise."