Chapter 14

~Maddie's POV~

We came to the restaurant again. Mom always kept asking me why I wanted to go to Payton's job everyday, but really, she's using here vacation days to help with Foxy.

"Maddie, you know today I have to go back to work since Foxy's fixed. Don't leave the restaurant until I pick you up, got it?"

"Yes, Payton. I would never leave Foxy."

We arrived at the restaurant. Payton left me to go inside, while she went to work.

I walked up to the door and saw a sign that I couldn't read. I couldn't read it because I'm too short to see it, and I can't read.

"Payton wait!" I said while waving my arms.

"Yeah Maddie?"

"Come here and read this to me."

Payton got out of the car and read the sign.

"This place is closing down and reopening after they expand the building."

"But I won't be able to see Foxy."

Payton hugged me.

"Don't worry, Maddie. It'll be okay."

Payton hugged me a little more, and left me to play with Foxy.

When I came in, I went straight to Pirates Cove. I had to tell Foxy the news.

I climbed onto the stage and walked through the curtains. I saw Mike sitting on the floor next to Foxy.

"Mike, what are you doing here?"

"I decided to work here at night, and..." He hesitated, "I wanted to hang out with Foxy."

They both nodded.

"Tomorrow, I want to work here at night with you. Please Mike." I begged.

"I'm sorry Maddie. This is grown-up work. And, besides, your Mom will worry about you."

"Fine. Anyway, Foxy, wanna play pirates?"

Foxy stood up and grabbed the sword.

"I thought you would never ask, matey."

We played pirates while Mike watched.

I really wish I could be here at night with Mike. It would be so much fun. Wait, maybe I can...