"At the time, I could see why my friend Tom liked Anna so much. You know, in an 'I want her as a girlfriend' way. But, that was before we knew what the Spring Talent Show had in store for us all. If I did know what was in store... I would have killed that crazy bitch myself. I would strangle the life out of her. Because of her, I can't sleep. Because of her my friends are dead. Because of her my college career never happened. It's hard to move three hours away from home when visions of this bitch haunt me in my sleep. After being put on this medication, the doctors say the dramatic shift into college life would make me unstable."

April 2005—Altoona High school Music Director Mr. Jeff Gates; witness statement in the hospital. He supervised the spring talent show. He escaped the incident with minor injuries. Mr. Gates took an early retirement after the tragedy. He and his wife Stacy were moving to Arizona. Jeff and Stacy Gates were killed in a car accident leaving the city. The bodies were burnt so bad that dental records were used to identify the bodies.

"Hi, my name is Mr. Gates. I am the High school music director. You want to know what happened last night. I AM NOT GOING TO TALK ABOUT IT! None of it! Speaking frankly, I don't even know what I saw last night. I will leave it at that. I guess I can tell you a little about Anna. Well, Anna was such a sweet girl. I always caught her in the band room before, during, and after school.

"She was an amazing piano player. In fact, I would consider her a savant. When she sat down to play it was as if time stopped for her music. Her fingers were like musical pistons driving a symphony of wonderful sounds.

"I wish I could have gotten her more interested in actually being in the band. When she would stop by and ask to play the school's piano—'she always asked for permission. Like I could say no to her'—I would try and talk to her about joining up. She would always give a shy, 'No.'

"She claimed to be very busy with work after school. I even called her mother for support in my plans in getting Anna in the band. Her mother would respectfully decline and say, 'Anna is very busy with work after school.' When I found out that Anna signed up for the spring talent show. I was so excited for her. Maybe she would realize how fulfilling it would be to play in front of an audience of people. Anna was not very respected in the high school hierarchy. This could be her chance to change all of that. Unfortunately, I was too right. Things did change. After the events of that night, I wish that I never knew Anna. In fact, I wish Anna was aborted from her mother's womb. To think she was capable of such pain is baffling to me. I don't want to talk about this anymore. I am sorry."

Assistant Athletic Director Jim Cobretti's police statement taken two weeks after the incident. He quit his job as the assistant athletic director. Over the years, he was a regular at the police station's drunk tank. He is always talking about Anna's music in his slurred drunk stupors. It is safe to say that Jim's scared fatty liver would have killed him if the .45 caliber bullet to the head did not. Jim committed suicide in the spring of 2008.

"I was the assistant athletic director at the time. Somehow, I was asked to be a chaperone the night of the Spring Talent Show; something about staff members being more active in student activities. I was really annoyed because the Penn's game was on that night. But hey, what can I do? The talent show started like every other lame talent show that has ever graced a high school auditorium. First, Susan McMann did a cover of Katy Perry's latest hit. More like a hit to the head by the way she was singing. It was proof that not every child is a talented American Idol contestant, no matter what mommy and daddy say.

"There were comedy acts, dance routines, and one kid even tried magic. I almost died of laughter when the kid's rabbit shit in his magician's hat. But, that was about all the excitement that I could pull out of being at this Talent-less Show. [Laughs] Then, the curtain went down and the lights went dim. I thought the show was over that this point. But, wait. No. One more act. It was Anna. That's right. She was going to play the piano. Apparently she plays very well. She was in my Gym class last semester.