College Year 2:

Anything is possible in college.
You could become a doctor, you could meet a future doctor. Your whole perspective could change. I know we are all guilty of judging people. When Tate walked into the room I thought he was another drugged out wanna-be thug. I was extremely irritated when he sat next to me. Also, in my class was Aiden. I had him my previous semester for english as well so I was happy to know atleast one person in the room.
Our instructor started out every day with a riddle to get us to think critically.  He then made us separate into tribes. We had to discuss in a small group. That is when you had to talk. I already anticipated that you would say something utterly stupid. Yet, when you talked it seemed to make sense. Okay that's fine with me. As long as he doesnt piss me off. The next day during class, we did a bag speech. (When we put three items in a bag that represent one trait of our personality/who we are).I bought two packs of crayons, I broke half and out half in. I made everyone choose a crayon in the beginning of class.  They all wanted to know what it was for. Near the end of my speech, I said. "I noticed how you all chose a whole crayon.." and proceeded to pull out my jar of broken crayons. "I am a bunch of broken crayons, I have partial personality of many different people and they are all amazing and bright. Then was Tate, he told us how he had always worked at a sign shop. It belonged to his dad. He pulled out a medical tag and also told us about his epilepsy. How he used to stay indoors all the time, couldnt close the door to sleep or shower. How he had seizures 7 times a day lasting between 8-13 minutes long. The highest was 15 minutes.
I had never empathized with someone so quickly. My heart dropped and I realized I had judged him all wrong. The rest of the class session, I would find my eyes wandering towards him. I never noticed that he had dimples. He was actually handsome in a rugged kind of way.
But what if we did get together.... and then he had a seizure he didnt recover from.... I could never handle that.

|Thank you to all who still read my stories. I have been inconsistent and I must apologize. I have taken several mental health breaks as I need them. In order to get better and become a better writer. When I started this series, I was 14. Now, I'm 20 years old. I've been doing this for 6 years and I am just so happy that this many people actually read my stories. You guys make me feel like I'm not alone and I appreciate all of you! |