|| T H I R T Y- F O U R ||

"You stupid, heartless ignorant fool!"

The maids looked at me in surprise with their mouths agape while others were seen laughing at me. They must have not expected this sort of outcome, I bet they imagine that I would be in tears thanking my husband for his efforts.

But no! Here I am scolding him and swearing at him, in front of the maids and apparently, the crown prince and Luci.

"Stop crying" he said while he continuously wipes my eyes filled with tears.

"You stupid oaf! H-How could... how could you keep this a s-secret!" I shouted at his paralyzed face and beat his chest.

"Okay I'm the one in the wrong, I'm in the wrong so don't cry anymore" he whispered to my ears as I pout and lightly beat him in his chest again.

"No! Hmph! Taking advantage of this weak, fragile patient!" Pouting my lips as I glared at him.

The crowd seemed to have become a statue while their faces had become beet red. They must have been culturally shocked at our bantering.

"Cough... well, it looks like Duchess Castellion is too weak, her heart is probably wounded by this secret of ours"

I can hear the irony in the crown prince's voice. Looking at him in the eye, I pouted towards my husband and offered more dog food to our audience.

"Kiss me to make me feel better" he didn't even thought for a second and held the back of my head and kissed me.

He's kissing me in front of so many people! Though it's just a provocation towards the bastard prince, I didn't think that Alec would be so immoral! How embarrassing!

Many of the maids are blushing all the way down to their necks as they move their heads towards the sky and some into the ground. Amy doesn't even flinch anymore and just took care of the celebrant.

"Oh my!" I could hear Luci's gasp and when Alec's lips left mine, I peck it once more and grinned towards my blushing best friend.

"Now what are we waiting for? Let's get this party started!"

They all weirdly look at me with the same look on their faces, weird.

...

The garden party was perfect for me. The twins are playing with the maids with their triangular hats on their heads. Lively music was playing in the background as the food came into our tables.

There is no master and servant on this day, only people celebrating the twin's birthday party.

"The twins are getting bigger now aren't they?" Luci said as she sips on her drink.

"They are, it makes me feel sad too"

"Well, you could always have another one" an annoying voice broke into our conversation.

"No thanks, how about you your highness? When's the wedding?" After saying that, Luci became red as a tomato while I look at the crown prince's ears which are turning bright red.

"We-well, it will be in a month and um it will-"

"Well we can hasten it, do you want for it to happen next week?" His words carried a teasing tone as he chuckled when he looked at Luci's red cheeks.

Luci immediately began to get embarrassed as she covers her entire face with her hand. The crown prince on the other hand continued to whisper sweet words into her ear and tease her with light touches in her neck and hands.

How the hell did these two became this overly sweet touchy love dovey type of couple in just a few months? What have I missed?!

Well, after eating too much dog food, here they are feeding us dog food too.

"So this is why you're avoiding me for the last couple of days, huh?" I whispered to my husband next to me.

"I want it to be a surprise, did it surprised you?" He held my hand and looked at me with his steel cold eyes, but unlike before, it was warm.

Like when it's winter and I am in front of a warm blanket and a chocolate drink warming my hand, it was that kind of feeling I got when I look at him.

"I am surprised! Did you arrange for it?" He nodded and my heart immediately warmed from his response.

He was different now, way different from what he was before and I didn't bother to ask why. I would rather he be this good to me than show his frigid face every day, terrified of when he's gonna it me onto death row.

I peck him in his lips and snuggle back to him. He on the other hand enclosed his hands onto mine tightly and envelope me in his warm embrace while we looked at the twins running around.

"I wish that we could always be like this"

My unknown thoughts spilled right in front of me before I could think of it. But before I could take it back, he kissed my neck and said.

"We will"

***
I guess tomorrow will be the final school come back. Ugh, college!

Edit: Yeah college, look how fast time was. I was in my first year or about to be in college at this time and now I'm in my third year. Sigh, I'm getting old hahaha

Welp, hope you like this chapter folks! Thank you once again for your comments and votes. Also to that person who pointed out some wrong info in some chapters of this story, thank you! You are such a great help!

In case you don't know, I'm a forgetful person, a very forgetful one if I may add. (And it still didn't change haha) So I hope someone will point out my grammatical errors and spellings, also some information in the story, thank you!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!