|| T H I R T Y- T W O ||

The harsh lights coming from the window were the first thing I see. Blinking away, my eyes focused on the familiar room, the soft mattress, and the smell of familiarity.

I'm in my room.

Suddenly, tears immediately fell down my eyes as I tried to smother down the cries that threaten to leave my lips.

I thought I was going to die, even knowing that I may die from the guillotine before wasn't that scary but when I experienced an almost death situation, it was just too much.

A warm body embraced me from behind as his arms tighten on my waist. He was whispering something in my ears but I cannot comprehend it due to my crying.

All the pain and fear are being washed away by his warm embrace. My tears have stopped but I was still muffling my cries, afraid of my children hearing them.

"Just cry, I'll be here to hold you" his gentle voice soothes my nerves and in that time, I held my breath and released a sorrowful cry.

He continued to draw circles on my back and held me tightly in his arms. He continuously repeated the words "I'm here" which warms my heart.

After crying for half an hour, I released myself from his hold and looked at him. He was tired, his eyebags were too big to see. His usual neat hair now tussled in every direction, I smoothed it out with my fingers.

"Thank you" my voice was hoarse as I looked at him with my puffy eyes.

"It's fine...you're fine. No one's gonna hurt you now, I'm already taking care of it" he gently said as he ordered for a maid to bring me some porridge and milk.

It feels nice to have someone you know you can rely too on.

And after being here in this novel for a long time, I'm glad that I have him.

...

After three days of recuperation from the fever, I was now good to go. But it doesn't mean I can walk especially the wound I got from a dagger sliced through my skin.

It still hurts but thankfully, Bertia, our head maid was there to help me. Amy is taking care of the kids and the head butler is taking care of the household. It was safe to say that the estate is in good hands.

"Careful, just eat slowly"

Looking at Alec, his cold facade broke out and he becomes like a total nagger, a mother figure after I got injured.

"I'm just too hungry" I grinned towards him as I broke the meat from its bone.

I'm currently bedridden and cannot walk. My leg was burning in pain when I woke up, thankfully, there is a medicine that was made by a witch.

I mean, if witches are real, can't they just heal wounds and scars? Why wouldn't they just cast a healing spell instead of concocting a complicated medicine?

Now that I see all the foods laid before me, I couldn't help but salivate at the table. It was hard recuperating, especially the food. All I can eat was tasteless and bitter, I don't want to remember that moment.

"How's the... investigation going?" I asked him while we ate.

"It's not going too well... they were silenced"

Bang!

My grip loosens up when I heard his words and a glass full of water shattered. He was up in his seat and looked if I was injured or anything.

"Alec...what...what if I-"

"I'm here, no one's gonna hurt you"

He lowered himself until his eyes reach mine. His big palm enveloping mine as he gazed at me. His eyes were too intense and I feel like I could trust him.

And I knew I could trust him.

***
Hey people!! So tomorrow is Monday and yes, school starts.

Ugh! As much as I dread going to school, I need to. So if I didn't update, there are only three reasons:

A. I'm too lazy to write
B. I have writer's block
C. School reasons

So I hope you bear with me thank you!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!