Chapter 27 - Amber

Ring Light = A light that's not shaped as a single bulb but is in the shape of a ring. This is especially useful if you want to create uniform lighting from the same angle as your camera, as the camera can film through the ring without blocking any of the light or creating shadows you don't want.

When Luuk and Mya come back to Fleur's room, they've got someone else with them. The guy is carrying a box and grins as he looks around. "Seems I finally reached the fun room."

"Hi, Jason." Alex waves at him. "No dress today?"

"Not yet." The guy Alex just called Jason puts his box on one of the beds. "I was asked to provide a box, and thought I should check out what's going on before I dress up. Also, Izzy and Elliot have overtaken our room, no place for me there."

"Poor you." Fleur laughs and turns in her chair.

We've moved her around in the room so that she can sit with her back to a wall, which makes the background calmer and that helps the video.

I look at the table we've also been able to move around a little and I think we should be able to manage the right height for the filming if we put the box on it. I don't think we can manage much more with lights than we already do. This will have to do.

It's not a good setup like I've got at home, no ring light, no focused lights, but it'll have to do for now... I don't have anything better with me here. Next time, I should remember to take a tripod or something with me and maybe some lights and the ring light.

"Let's get through this first." Luuk laughs as he stands next to me. "I know that look. You're already planning way ahead."

I look at him and shrug. "Better to be prepared."

"Yes, after this weekend." He raises an eyebrow at me. "Do you have everything you need?"

I nod. "Yeah, thanks." Then I look around the room. How did it get so much busier in here? "I kinda need people to be quiet while I'm filming, unless they want to be in the video with us. So, people who don't want to be quiet, could you please go elsewhere?"

Nobody moves. Okay... This is a little awkward.

I busy myself with setting the camera up, try to get the settings the best I can make it in this situation, and then turn it on. I've got enough battery left to film for a couple of hours and the card in it is empty, so we can make this as long as it needs to be. Plus, I've got extra batteries and cards with me, so we can always swap them out.

"Okay..." I move the makeup I'm using on Fleur nearer to us and, after taking a deep breath, I try to smile at her. "Don't mind the camera. Just talk to me or..." I look in her line of sight. "Ehhh."

Alex moves, sitting at the end of her bed, which is not behind the camera, but just to the side. "Or look at me." Alex grins at her and Fleur's eyes start to sparkle.

"That works too." I check the settings on the camera one last time. "We were on the eyeshadow, right?"

"I think so." Fleur smiles, glancing to the side. "You have a lot more stuff than Jade has. Jade usually does my makeup when I want something fancy."

"She probably doesn't run a whole channel about it, right?" I pick up a couple of palettes and hold them next to her.

"No, she just likes to put it on herself and on me." Fleur smiles softly as I pick a few colours that work well with her eye colour and her dress. "She actually did my makeup the first time I met Alex. I was so nervous and had no idea what I was supposed to do."