Chapter 4 - Mya

Colour Matching = Not everyone has the same tones in skin colour. Not just how light or dark your skin is but also if you are more on the side of pink or yellow or any other undertone. Colour matching your makeup helps with making sure that your makeup doesn't look 'off'. It tends to change between summer and winter months and your level of suntan.

"You did what!?" Elliot obviously isn't that impressed with my impulse buys from last night. We're in a group chat with Izzy. It's Monday morning and we're just hanging out in the voice chat since none of us have to be in class early today. I like lazy Monday mornings like this.

"I bought some shades of the Rainbow Collection last night for Amber." I repeat again, my voice a little lower this time, a little sheepish, as I shrug, even though nobody can see it, of course.

"Why?" Elliot isn't going to let this go.

"Because she's starstruck after last Friday." That's Izzy and I can almost hear her laugh. Of course, she'd be the one enjoying this.

"I'm... I'm not." I let out a long breath. Izzy isn't wrong, probably.

"You are." Izzy really laughs now. "I thought you were going to buy some manga that's coming out? I thought Emma was going to put some aside for you?"

She was... "I can read manga any day. This collection is getting sold out really fast."

That distracts Izzy. "I know, right? And the colours are so nice!" She laughs again. "I'm not faulting you. If I thought that Elliot would appreciate it, I would have bought him the base collection of it too."

"Hey!" Elliot doesn't sound surprised by it. "I'm just not that into the bright stuff."

"We know." I laugh too. "I just... I wanted to do something nice."

"And your 'something nice' is kind of a pretty big thing. That's all I'm trying to say." Elliot doesn't sounds so annoyed anymore.

"I know. I just wanted to splurge. I also bought some of the things I wanted myself. It's not all for Amber."

"Right." Elliot sighs. "And are you going to give it to her yourself? Are you going to sign the delivery?"

My cheeks heat up. I had thought about the next step, but hadn't really decided on anything yet. "I don't know. I may just sign it as M or something... I don't want to appear like a stalker or something. And I know that other people send her makeup all the time. By the time this arrives, like... ten people could have sent her the exact same thing. It's not that special. I'm not that special."

"It is special for you." Izzy's much too right.

"Maybe. But that doesn't matter. I just wanted to do this for her."

Amber is a student, just like me, and I know that getting makeup for free like this means that she doesn't have to spend all the money on it herself, which is cheaper for her channel. Which means that she can show more makeup on the channel and I get to watch and listen to her videos more often. It's totally selfish, I promise.

It doesn't have anything to do with the sweet way she acted around me when I met her in the store or the way that we talked about makeup, the way she really listened to me and made me feel like she actually cared, even though I'm a nobody and she's this big makeup vlogger...

"What did you get her? Or yourself?" Izzy's always much more interested in things that are colourful.

"I got us both some of the bisexual pride items, the blue and purple and pink looked really cool. The pansexual colours just really didn't do it for me. And I got some things that she was missing from the rainbow collection itself. It's not really that much." Probably...