Chapter 16 - Mya

Blush = A powder or cream in a red-ish colour to go on the cheeks. Like bronzer, blush can be used to give more colour or depth to your face, sculpting it. It's meant to not be too obvious, not like really red blotches on the face, but just light enough that it gives some life to the cheeks.

The moment Troy started talking about getting a ticket to NGC for Amber, I could see her tense up, just a little, just in the small muscles around her mouth, her smile turning just 'off'. It's that I've been staring at her mouth way too much that I even notice it, or I would have totally missed it.

I want to tell her that it's okay if she doesn't want to go, but at the same time, she doesn't seem to be too upset by the idea, so I let it go. I'll ask her later, maybe I just interpreted it wrong.

"Are you going to cosplay?" Amber looks at Alex and Fleur, her smile wider now, almost becoming real.

Alex shakes her head. "Nah. I don't think so. We've got a Halloween party the week before it, with our gaming guild, and I don't think I want to dress up twice."

"You could use the same outfit for both?" Amber shrugs, but she also relaxes a little now it's no longer about her.

Alex shakes her head. "I'm gonna be carrying enough stuff around, I won't have the space to also carry a whole cosplay outfit or anything."

I laugh. "Yeah. I'm not doing it either. But then, I tend to be the one carrying Elliot's stuff around. At the end of the day, I'll be hauling enough around for two people, if not more." I've been to enough cons with Elliot to know how those things turn out.

Fleur lets out a thoughtful sound. "I may try something, but it won't be something big or impressive, just a fun dress with extra extravagant makeup or something."

"Makeup?" That makes Amber look up, of course.

"Yeah." Fleur grins. "Like, something really over the top, almost anime-like or something. Just... Special."

Alex snorts. "Yeah. I'm not helping you with that. You know that I'm no good at makeup."

Fleur's eyes on Alex are amused as she pulls up just one of her eyebrows, before she bursts out laughing. "Well, you're lucky that Jade is going to help me experiment for it, then."

Alex rolls her eyes, laughing too. "Right. As long as you don't expect me to put it on you, I can take it off perfectly fine." And at those words, Fleur's cheeks colour a little. Oh?

"Ehmm." Amber's eyes dart between Fleur's face and the plate she's holding in her hands. "I... I could help? Maybe? I'm... I'm not bad at makeup."

"Not bad?" I look at her and Amber's cheeks go all red. "You're really good at it. Really really good."

"It's not that big of a deal." But her blush even spreads down her neck and she glances my way, glaring daggers at me for a moment.

Ah, at least I got her back out of her shell. "I'm not sure I can agree with that with the number of subscribers to your channel."

"It's not many, really. Loads of channels have a lot more subscribers." She shrugs. "I just like doing the videos and the looks, that's why I do it."

"I like your videos," Fleur pipes up. "Izzy shared some of them. They're really easy to watch while doing dungeon runs and things like that."

I stare at Fleur for a moment and then burst out laughing. Of course, that's what she would think of, because that's her life. Videogames and videos all at the same time, always doing multiple things at once, never just one thing.