Chapter 8 - Mya

Concealer = A heavily pigmented product like foundation, but this is much heavier in coverage and meant for concealing things like dark circles under the eyes or a zit or any impurity of the skin. I don't use it much because it's not very useful without foundation, but I've been known to hide dark circles under my eyes with it, especially at conventions or when I need to look good for something.

Spending lunch with Amber was... Wow.

Of course, as soon as I got off the bus this morning, I immediately told Elliot and Izzy what had happened and they both reacted like I expected them to, telling me to not let this chance slip. Even though I have no idea what 'chance' I really have or need or could let slip. It's not like I was planning on doing anything really, I just wanted to make Amber smile last weekend. And then, meeting her this morning, it was fun. And her going to help me out with my maths is giving me butterflies in my stomach, but even that doesn't have to mean anything. Nothing has to mean anything.

And then there is the small issue of hiding from her that I was the one who sent her the makeup... The makeup she was wearing today, I recognised the shade of the eyeshadows. I have no idea how I can ever tell her that, and after meeting like this, I have no idea how to bring it up either. It's only gotten weirder and more awkward...

Elliot is over at Izzy's place this weekend, so I can't hang out with them, and I don't know if I should try to message some of the people I met through Izzy. They're nice, but I don't know if I'd be imposing myself onto them if I call them up now. Plus, most of them also have girlfriends and such to hang out with over the weekend. So, likely, they've got other things to do too.

I guess I can just spend the weekend with my manga and games or something. I'm not brave enough to ask Amber if she wants to hang out and I know that she'll be busy with her filming, she told me as much. Though, she didn't really specify it was her makeup channel, she called it her 'filming hobby' and of course she has no idea that I already know what she does. Again, the hiding stuff from her thing...

I get out of the bus and cross the rows and rows of bus stops at the train station to get to the bus to my neighbourhood as I hear my name in a loud girly voice. "Myaaaa!" Moments later, two girls are standing in front of me. One of them, Fleur, is wearing a white dress with red dots on it and a big summer hat, the other, Alex, is in jeans and a tank top, her hair pulled back. They've both got big backpacks with them, probably for the weekend.

"Hey." I give them both a quick hug. Fleur and Alex are friends of Izzy who I met a couple of weeks back. "I had no idea that you two would be here this weekend." Alex lives in Groningen too, but Fleur lives about an hour away by bus in Emmen. "Elliot is over at Izzy's place, so you're out of luck."

Alex' grin widens. "I was wondering where your platonic other half was."

"Yeah, not here." I shrug. "Where is yours?" Alex is usually with her best friend Troy.

Fleur snorts and Alex' smile also grows. "He's got detention for being late too often in the last week."

"Why?" Do I even want to know? Because the look in their eyes is definitely evil.

"New Destruction of Elysium expansion, he's been playing until much too late and then not waking up on time." Alex shakes her head.

"Ah. Yeah." They're all all serious gamers, Alex, Fleur, Izzy and their friends, their videogames are everything to them.

"Do you want to join us?" Fleur pulls her backpack higher up.

"To play Destruction of Elysium?" I frown. It's not really my thing.