Eleven

My mother said I'm too romantic
She said, "You're dancing in the movies"
I almost started to believe her
Then I saw you and I knew
Maybe it's 'cause I got a little bit older
Maybe it's all that I've been through
I'd like to think it's how you lean on my shoulder
And how I see myself with you..
-
I looked over to Killian has he had started presenting evidence on how Ava would not be fit to stay in a home with Regina and I. I could feel tears fill in my eyes, because the things he was saying was true. I looked back at Regina, and she gave me a small smile. I then looked over to our lawyer, and he had just told me how it would be okay. I don't think I'm going to win custody.

"Is that true, Emma?" The judge questioned. I knew what they were talking about.

"My client doesn't have to answer that" my lawyer said getting up. "She May have had a problem in the past, but the past is the past"

My pill addiction, but that was months ago, Regina helped me.

"If what is being presented is true, then Ava would not be fit to stay in a home with you" the judge had explained. The tears from my eyes had started to fall.

I just have to say it.

"He's abused me, and he gets to keep Ava?" I say louder getting up.

"Ms. Swan, you may want to sit down" our lawyer had mentioned.

I shook my head. "I've never done anything to hurt anyone, yes I may have taken advantage of pills, but I got better, someone helped me, and since I got that help I feel as if I'm in the perfect place to gain custody of my daughter!"

The judge had started banging his mallet.

"Adjournment!" He yelled. "We'll have a verdict after the break"

I sighed and walked off to meet up with Regina.

"I'm scared" I admitted to her.

She nodded her head, and hugged me. "You can still win this, it's no longer up to you, just them"

"I know" I sighed, watching Killian exit the court room. There goes my heartache once again.
-
When we fight, we fight like lions
But then we love and feel the truth
We lose our minds in a city of roses
We won't abide by any rules
-
Here we go. He is about to decide who earns custody of Ava. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. As anticipation had grown, my heart kept beating faster, and faster. Maybe I should've just kept my mouth shut.

"Killian"

My heart dropped, I couldn't move. He won. I will never be able to see Ava again, I have Regina and I'm thankful, but I wanted Ava too. I turned to look back at Regina and I could see she was beginning to cry, but I was on my way to sobbing.

I looked over at Killian, and he gave me that look, that look he used to give me when he realized how powerful he was as a human being.
-
I don't say a word
But still, you take my breath and steal the things I know
There you go, saving me from out of the cold
Fire on fire would normally kill us
But this much desire, together, we're winners
They say that we're out of control and some say we're sinners
But don't let them ruin our beautiful rhythms
'Cause when you unfold me and tell me you love me
And look in my eye
You are perfection, my only direction
It's fire on fire
-
-Time Lapse-
It's been years now, I haven't seen Ava, she's going into the seventh grade soon. I miss her everyday, but Regina and I are doing well. We've decided to adopt some kids, and make our own little family. But I always hope Ava is doing well, and that she'll be okay. I never want him hurting her. As I've been told, he's remarried, which is good, I'm happy for him. Regina and I haven't gotten married yet, but we're planning on it. We love each other and have been through so much with each other. There's no one else I'd rather spend my life with. I love her.
-
Fire on fire would normally kill us
But this much desire, together, we're winners
They say that we're out of control and some say we're sinners
But don't let them ruin our beautiful rhythms