Two

(Emma's POV)

As I slowly opened my eyes, I could see the sun glaring through the window. I looked around and quickly remembered that I was at Regina's house. And I also quickly remembered what had happened last night. I sat up and grabbed my phone. There was a bunch of messages from Killian, asking where I was, and why I wasn't answering him. There was a lot of missed calls too.

54 missed calls to be exact.

I started typing out a message, but then I had deleted it. There was no point.

I shut off my phone, and had made my way towards the kitchen, to only be met by a sleepy Regina.

"Hey, good morning" I faced her.

"Good morning" she yawned. "Ava's not up yet, but shouldn't you be going to catch a plan?"

I nodded my head while still facing her.

I should go catch a plan, to enjoy a honeymoon with my husband, but deep down that's not who I wanted to spend time with. I wanted to spend time with Regina. It felt right.

"You need to go Em" Regina had said, sitting down on a stool at her kitchen island.

"I don't want to" I responded.

"He'll be mad if you don't show up" Regina then started looking down at her phone.

It was a few minutes of back and forth at each other. She would tell me to go, and I would say no, because that's not what I wanted.

"Goodbye, Emma" Regina got up and helped me to the door. "I'll see you in a few day's. Ava will be okay" she explained.

I nodded sadly, and headed out the door. I didn't want to go, I wanted to stay here. Killian didn't make me as happy as Regina did. I knew my heart is where she is, somehow it's always been.

I had drove my car towards the airport, I could feel tears running down my cheeks. I could also hear the sound of my phone going off, but I knew it was Killian so I didn't bother to check it. I was on my way anyways, so he didn't need to still be in a fussy mood. I pulled up to the airport, paid for parking, and headed in. I had rebooked my flight for today at 9:00 a.m. It was already 8:30 a.m, so I didn't have much time.

I went to the check in for luggage, tagged my luggage, printed my boarding pass, and checked it in. After that I had started making my way towards the gate I was going to be taking off from.

As all this was happening, I could feel my heart begin to grow heavier and heavier. I knew Killian was going to be upset that I didn't come until today, and I knew he wasn't going to let me live this one down.

I could still feel my phone continuing to go off in my back pocket as I was standing in line to go through security. I wouldn't dare check it, since I knew what the messages were about.

Security moved quickly, and then I was off to my gate. When I had arrived boarding was almost over. So I went up to the front handed the woman my boarding pass and made my way onto the plane.

I read my ticket to see my row and seat number. C5. I walked back a few rows and came in contact with my seat. I sat down and relaxed until it was time for the plane to take off.

(Regina's POV)

I had watched Emma leave, I didn't want her to go, but I knew it was best that I let her go. She makes me happy, but she also makes Killian happy too, and she's married to him. So he deserves to be around her.

Time passed, and Ava was still sound asleep. I sat in the kitchen around my island and thought about what I had just done.

I sent her away, and now she may never come back. Well she will, to get her child. But, she may never come back to want me the way she had did last night. It had frightened me to know that me- forcing her to go on her honeymoon may have ruined my chances to be around her.

I went up into my room and grabbed my phone, I pulled up Emma's number. I texted her a few times.

Regina: Emma, hey I'm sorry come back.
Regina: I didn't mean to force you out. I love you.
Regina: And I wanted you to stay, I just felt bad for keeping you away from your husband.
Regina: Please answer, come back.
Regina: Please?

I continued to send similar messages to Emma, but there was no response. I even tried calling a few times, but nothing. I started to tear up. I messed up.

-

By this time hours had went by, Ava was up and eating breakfast, and Emma still wasn't responding to any of the messages I had sent, nor calls either. I missed her, and wanted her.

I sat staring at my phone screen, not even sure what else to say. I just wanted one text back, nothing more. Just so I know she has looked at my messages, and has seen them. But there was nothing, and I wasn't sure if there ever was going to be something.

I just wanted her back here.