Ten

I hate to turn up out of the blue, uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it
I had hoped you'd see my face
And that you'd be reminded that for me, it isn't over
-
We've spent about five hours sitting here trying to find reasons to get custody of Ava. I would first have to divorce Killian, and show I can have a stable relationship with Regina. I wasn't sure I was ready to divorce Killian yet, only because I was afraid of what he was capable of.

After meeting with the lawyer, Regina helped me fill out the separation papers. I was just afraid that Killian wouldn't sign off on these, knowing he'd be attending court to see who gets right's of Ava.

I finished filling out the papers, then Regina and I had headed over to what I used to call home.

Regina had decided to come inside the house with me, since the last time didn't go well when I went alone.

I knocked on the door, and it had immediately swung open.

"Swan, what are you doing here?" Killian questioned.

He hasn't called me that in so long.

"Can you sign these please?" I held out the papers for him. I could see the confusion on his face.

"Divorce papers?" He sighed. "Knew this day was going to come" he leaned over on the side of the door and signed the parts that needed to be signed.

"Thank you for doing this" I said taking the papers back. He had immediately shut the door. I could feel my heartache, and I'm not sure why it was doing that. I don't love him, I don't. But this hurt, a lot.
-
Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you, too
"Don't forget me," I beg
I'll remember, you said
"Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead."
-
"Are you okay?" Regina asked while we were walking into the house.

No. "Yeah I'm fine" I smiled.

"Okay, now it's time to work on getting Ava" she hugged me.

"Yeah, Ava" I hugged her tighter.
-
You know how the time flies
Only yesterday was the time of our lives
We were born and raised in a summer haze
Bound by the surprise of our glory days..
-
All night Regina and I had stayed up looking for things to use so Killian couldn't keep custody of Ava. We had found some stuff that came up, but not much. We were figuring out a court date tomorrow, but Killian didn't even know this was all happening. I decided to pull out my phone and text him. I know it wasn't the right thing to do, but my mind didn't stop me.

We're trying to get custody of Ava. I'm sorry.

I sent the text, I was afraid of how he was going to respond. He's always scared me. I kept looking back at the message, but no response.

"Why don't we get some sleep?" I looked over to Regina.

She nodded. She looked so drained. We both had went upstairs, and slept the rest of the night.
-
I hate to turn up out of the blue, uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it
I had hoped you'd see my face
And that you'd be reminded that for me, it isn't over
-
After waking up, Regina and I had made our way towards our lawyer we had hired. Killian still hadn't answered the message I sent, and usually he would've answered. Our lawyer had walked us through the process and told us our date would be in the next three weeks, it was a long time away, but it was better than nothing. I was hoping the evidence we had presented was enough to get custody of Ava. I have to continue to tell myself I no longer love him, and that I want Regina, and a family with Regina, not him.
-
Nothing compares, no worries or cares
Regrets and mistakes, they're memories made
Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?
-
Now, we would just have to wait out the three weeks trying to find as much evidence as we could to make sure we could present that Ava would be much safer with Regina and I. I just hope we're able to pull this off.
-
Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you, too
"Don't forget me," I beg
I'll remember, you said
"Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead."