Four

We had arrived at the airport, and the excitement to go back home was growing larger inside of me.

Those four days seemed to be the worst four days of my life, and I'm so glad that they're over.

"Why are you so happy?"

I didn't realize I was showing it though.

"No reason, excited to see Ava is all"

Killian rolled his eyes to the response.

"You weren't this happy when on the honeymoon with me" he scoffed.

"I was, you were just upset with me the whole time" I responded.

"I wasn't! You're just too hung up on our babysitter! How about you pay attention to the person you married!" He yelled.

Maybe he was right, I married him, I should be happy with him, not some other woman.

"You're right, I'm sorry"

I could see a small smile form on his face, and he had kissed me on my lips.

-
We had made it through security, and started heading towards our gate. I was still excited to head home, but our flight didn't leave for another hour.

I pulled out my phone to be met with tons of messages from Regina asking how I am, and telling me about Ava. I cleared the messages, and turned off my phone.

I keep having to tell myself, even though she makes me happy, she's not the one I married. But I wish she was.

"Hey, Luv, let's send a picture to Ava" he looked over at me.

Doing that would mean having to go through Regina to send the pic, but I couldn't say no.

I nodded and held up my phone, Killian and I had both smiled.

E:

E: Tell Ava we're on our way home!

I had hit the send button to send to Regina, and seconds later she had already responded to me.

R: Sure will.

After reading her message I shut off my phone once again. I leaned my head into Killian's shoulder and reminisced about him and Regina. I was thinking about how he didn't bring me any joy, the only thing holding us together was Ava. It's one of the only reason's why we had decided to get married too. Without her I'm sure we would have not been together.

I loved her, not him.

"I'll be back" I said getting up and heading towards the bathroom.

I entered a stall, took out my phone, and dialed Regina's number. I couldn't stay away from her, that'd be impossible for me.

"Hi Emma what's up?" She questioned.

"I just want to say something" I answered.

"And what might that be dear?"

"I don't want this, I want you, and only you. I feel a connection, I know it's there. I want you to be mine, I just don't know how" I expressed.

"When you figure it out, just let me know" she said hanging up.

I was so confused onto why she would just hang up. I tried calling her back but no answer. How could this be happening? I wiped the few tears that had formed, and headed back towards Killian. Maybe this was just a sign that Regina and I would never work out.

-
Regina's POV:

After hanging up on Emma I had went back to cooking lunch for her daughter Ava.

I didn't have a legitimate reason for hanging up on her, I guess I could blame the jealousy of when she had sent me the pic of her and Killian. Especially after the whole time she had talked back about him.

I thought about what happened before she had left before her honeymoon and the thought of that had put a smile on my face. But, she doesn't know what she wants and I'm not going to waste my time.

Once the food had been cooked, I called Ava back down to eat. She seemed so happy to see her parents that would be home in now about an hour or two.

Even if I am upset with Emma I was still happy to see her.
-
Hours had passed, and a knock was brought to my front door. I went to open it to be met with Emma.

"Hey" she said.

I just gave a small smile back, and motioned her to come in.

Ava was already making her way down the steps, she had immediately ran up to Emma to hug her.

"Why didn't Killian come up?" I blurted out.

"Not feeling well" she responded with a smile.

I knew that was a lie, she was bad at telling lies.

"Thanks for watching her Regina, I'll see you later" she said while walking out the door.

"Bye" I said as I watched her walk to her yellow bug that Killian was sitting in.

I shut the door, and all I could think about was her.

I want us to be something, but that could never happen, it won't ever happen.