"what? i didn't take her money! she was the one that spent all of it!" eunsang said, defending himself.

"you know how much money i lost, jerk?!" his sister shouted. "i worked hard for that money and your just gonna take it and lie, huh? is that what you're doing now?!"

"and don't raise your voice at us, brat! we're older than you, you have no right to do that!"

"well it's not my fault that she's just gonna lie about me taking her money so she can get more from you! you know how many times she already did that?!" eunsang scoffed. "of course you don't. you're just a forgetful bitch."

"what did you say?!" his mother shouted, more anger evident in her voice. "you stole your sister's hard earned money and then you're gonna call me a bitch?!"

"yes, i will. because i'm done with all your bullshit." eunsang said.

"LEE EUNSANG! how dare you say that?!" his sister said, anger evident in her tone. "mom! can you kick him out of the house, please?"

eunsang rolled his eyes, silently scoffing. all you're asking for is attention... he thought.

"that's it. pack you things, brat. don't come back until you have your sisters money. your lucky that i didn't beat you this time."

"fine, then, i'm never coming back. i didn't even do anything wrong. i'm glad you finally kicked me out since i didn't want to stay in this rathole, anyway."

he packed his stuff and left the house. now he didn't know where to go. it's better being out here than inside that house. eunsang thought. he would go to his aunt's house but it was too far away, and he would go to motel, but he was saving money.

but then, an idea popped out in his mind. i know where to go.

haeyoung sat down on the cold floor, tears spilling out of her eyes as she saw the things under the cushion. she found pictures of herself, ever since she was a baby.

haeyoung always planned to look what was under there, but she would either forget or wouldn't be able to since her grandmother was sitting on that chair. but now, she knows what it was. it was pictures of haeyoung, haeyoung and her mother, and haeyoung with her grandmother.

she realized how much her grandmother adored her and loved her. now, haeyoung just misses her dearly, and she cried even more at the fact that she was never going to see her again. then, she found an envelope. it wrote, 'to haeyoung. if you find this before i pass, don't read it. but if you find it after i pass, read it, please.'

haeyoung gasped at the note, and slowly opened it. she was afraid that it would make her cry even more, therefore making her open it in caution.

and as she expected, the things inside the envelope made her tears flow twice as much.

it was money. and there was a letter that came along with it.

'hello, haeyoung. by the time you're reading this, i'm probably gone. i just want to tell you to not be sad, since now is the time to start a new chapter of your life. the money inside this envelope is for you, keep it in secret. do anything you want with it, just use it wisely.' the first paragraph of the letter said.

haeyoung continued reading the long letter, and was touched by her grandmother's words. there were many other things written in that letter, like writings about old memories, some advice, and even recipes for her grandmother's signature dishes. haeyoung felt a bit better after reading the letter, but even so, she was still down.

'so, my dear haeyoung, those were my last words for you. again, thank you for making me feel less lonely and accompanying me in my last years of life, and i hope you don't feel too saddened about my death. goodbye, dear, i'll be waiting for you in the afterlife.' the last paragraph said.

she was thankful for her grandmother's letter along with the cash that came with it, and that she was able to say her goodbye even though it wasn't in person. she put everything back in its place, and laid down on the couch, staring at the ceiling.

her head was in the clouds until she heard a knock on the front door. she stood up from the sofa, heading to the door, curious to see who it was. and once she opened it, she was shocked to see who it was.

"eunsang? why are you here?"

"hey, um- can i stay here for a while? just for tonight, i promise."

ok so i'm editing the book right now [june 10, 2020], and i actually just put in the letter part of this chapter AFTER finishing the book while editing. it wasnt there when i first published this chapter. just a lil fyi :D

 just a lil fyi :D