Agent hills; M.I.A

Written by: Waffle, Hapy, Banano, Renberry, Deuce, Alter, Pony, Erica, and Pepper
Edited by: Alter
Word Count: 4106
------------

Agent Hills.

Served six years for the Top Secret Hermit Agency, he is known for his brilliant mind deceiving tactics however he hasn't been seen since the reign of the grey skins ended.

Joe Hills is currently M.I.A.

Mumbo didn't usually partake in the team expeditions, and often missed his own quadrant's meetings. Despite serving T.S.H.A for four years he wasn't one who left the building on regular occasion.

He'd much rather be off on his own inventing. So it made perfect sense thatout of all people, Captain X assigned him to the Joe Hills retrieval mission.

Mumbo started his investigation at the Ministry of Truth, or the main base of opposition for Hills. It was the main headquarters for the Peace quadrant that was mainly comprised of agents GB, Zombie, Bob, Monster, SV, and Hills.

When Mumbo first stepped in he saw Cleo pacing the floor, seemingly in her own mind.

"Uhh hi Cleo," Mumbo started.

Cleo abruptly looked up, her eyes wide. "Mumbo, when have you last seen Cub?"

"Wait, why Cub? Aren't we supposed to be looking for-?"

"Answer me Mumbo."

The moustached inventor paused to think for a moment. "It was probably a little before I started the concept sketches for the saturator."

"DANgit i'm too late" Cleo brushed past him in a hurry springing out of the building.

"Cleo! Wait!" Mumbo called, catching her arm."Yeah??" Cleo turned back, sounding urgent. "Has Joe been around recently?" Mumbo asked, pulling out a pad and a pencil.

"No, he's probably somewhere around the Halloween district though. He spent a lot of time is the wild over there during Demise." Cleo said, tapping her foot, "Can I go now? I really need to make sure he gets into the saturator because if nobody makes him do it he'll stay the twisted vex he currently is."

"Yeah, that's all I need." Mumbo said, putting away his notes. Cleo ran off in a hurry, but Mumbo decided to check Joe's office.

Mumbo slipped into his van, buckling his seat belt and stamped his foot against the ignition. He rolled down the windows, breathing the late night air. He cranked on the music and settled in for the long haul, it was a long drive to the Halloween district.

He tried to relax. Take a breather, but he just couldn't keep his thoughts straight, they would drift all over the place, between Cleo's hasty reaction, Joe's disappearance and why X chose him.

There were clearly other people better suited for this kind of job... but Mumbo knew better than to question Xisuma's word.

Mumbo watched as the scenery of the road went from calming to creepy in a snap.

The trees looked slightly dead, two creepy mansions in the background making it more ominous than he expected.

He turned right and tried to speed on to the deadquarters, someone was definantly in there. The lights were on, after all.

All he could really ask for was for a few clues and to not be turned into the undead. He walked up to the door, kocking on it. He was unsettled but it was for the good of finding Joe, and when the person answered, he was surprised to see who it was.

"Yes?" Ren asked.

Ren looked a mess. His cloak was disheveled and his sunglsses were crooked, his grey skin looked paler than usual and large dark bags had accumulated under the reaper's eyes.