SIXTEEN

Harry has two BRIT nominations, best male and best album. I hope he wins, but he has tough opposition from Stormzy and Lewis Capaldi. Good luck Hazza.

A couple of weeks had passed since the Harry in the wardrobe incident.

Ari had been coming home around 5:30 most nights, and if she was a bit late, it's because she'd gone somewhere to get a takeaway.

Louis had forgiven her for not looking after Harry properly. She had even taken Harry out on his own to a soft play area.

The last two days, though, Ari had been home later. She had a new boss who was a slave driver, as she says, and they had new things to get used to.

So, it was no surprise to Louis when yet again, she came home at 8pm one night.

Harry was in bed, Gemma was upstairs and Niall was just about to go, when she strolled in.

"Mummy, I'm going to bed, can you read me a story please?" He asked before she even took her coat off.

"Not tonight love, I'm very tired." She replied, as she slumped in a chair.

Niall looked sad, as Louis stood up, and without saying a word, took him upstairs.

"Can you read me a story, Daddy, please?" Niall asked quietly.

Louis hugged him. "Of course I will darling. I'll go get Gem." Louis got up and went to Gemma's room. He knocked gently and opened the door and peeking inside.

Gemma was already tucked up and fast asleep. Poor love had had a hard day at school.

"Gem is asleep already, so it's just you and me." Louis smiled as he came back in Niall's room and sat next to him against his beds headboard.

Niall smiled and cuddled up to his Dad, handing him the book he wanted him to read.

*****

Thirty minutes later, Louis kissed Niall goodnight and headed back downstairs.

Ari was sat on the chair still, but was now eating the food Louis made earlier.

Louis sat on the sofa, and changed the channel on the TV.

"Hey...I was watching that!" Ari said, her mouth full of food.

"Well...I don't want to watch that!"

"Oh grow up Louis! What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me is..." He turned to face her "...you coming home late again with no explanation, and not wanting to read to our son!" He glared at her.

Ari put her fork on her plate, and swallowed. "Well I'm sorry! I can't help it if I'm tired. I've been on my feet all day, unlike you! I bet you've been sat on your arse all bloody day!"

"Sat on my arse?!" Louis yelled. "I've cleaned the house from top to bottom, as well as looking after Harry, then getting the kids from school! What exactly have you done Ariana!?"

"You know what Louis!" She put her plate on the coffee table and stood up. "You can go to hell! I'm gonna stay at Rita's tonight. Least there I won't get shouted at and blamed for everything!" She put her coat and shoes on, picked up her car keys and went outside, slamming the door behind her.

Louis slumped down on the sofa, put his head in his shaking hands and cried.

"Daddy?" He heard a little voice coming from the stairs. "Daddy?"

Louis sighed, wiped his eyes and got up.

"What's wrong love?" He asked as he saw a sad looking Gemma at the top of the stairs.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

Louis walked up to her and sat on the top stair, Gemma sat down next to him.

"Mummy's just a bit sad, she's gone to her friends, she'll be home soon though. Don't you worry."

Gemma rested her head on Louis' shoulder. "I love you Daddy."

Louis smiled. "I love you too. Sorry we woke you up. Let's get you back to bed eh?"

Gemma nodded and they both stood up, going to her room.

Louis tucked her in and kissed her forehead. "Sweet dreams, darling."

Gemma smiled and closed her eyes.

Louis checked on Niall. He was asleep, snoring lightly.

He went to the bathroom, looked in the mirror and saw his tear stained face. He quickly washed his face, brushed his teeth, used the toilet and went to his bedroom.

Harry was asleep. Louis always loved watching the boy sleep.

He was a cute little cherub anyway, but even more so when he was dreaming.

Louis got into his bed.

But he couldn't sleep.

So at 3:30 when Harry woke up crying wanting some milk, Louis was pleased for some company.

"What am I going to do Harry?" He whispered more to himself really. "I haven't done anything wrong." Tears started falling again.

Harry stared up at Louis while he drank his milk. He frowned.

"I'm ok love, don't worry about me. We'll be alright. I promise."

He wasn't sure if that was the truth or not.

Sorry if that was a rubbish ending.

Any thoughts?

All the love 💞💞💞