🎂 TEN 🎂

"Happy birthday precious." Louis whispered in his son's ear.

Ari smiled as Louis stroked his cheek, gently.

"I wish he was at home, Ari." He said as he stood up and hugged her.

"I know, love, me too. It won't be much longer. The Doctor's say he's doing well."

Louis nodded, wiping his tears.

Harry was still hooked up to machines and monitors. His operation went well and his new lung was working well.

He was breathing on his own, which was a massive relief to everyone. He was growing stronger day by day.

He let out a tiny cry, making Ari and Louis jump up and rush back to him.

"Hello beautiful. Are we glad to see you?" Ari said, softly.

Harry looked up at his parents and stopped crying, he smiled, a faint smile, but it was there. They thought they'd never see him smile again.

The nurse came over to do some checks. Harry wriggled and whined a bit, not liking being touched by strangers.

"Harry, let the nurse do her job love. She's trying to make you feel better." Louis said. Harry immediately stopped and laid still and quiet.

"Can we pick him up yet?" Louis asked the nurse.

"Yes, he's well enough. Just be careful with the wires. If you sit down, I'll place him on your lap."

Louis looked at Ari, who nodded. Louis sat on a chair, as the nurse carefully placed Harry on his lap.

Louis' hands were shaking as he held his son for the first time since Christmas day.

The nurse got on with other things, leaving the couple alone with Harry.

"You're so handsome. Mummy and Daddy love you so much." Louis whispered. As Harry smiled before closing his eyes.

He was asleep within a minute of laying on his Daddy's lap.

"I'll go and get us some tea. I'll phone everyone to tell them he's awake." Ari said. Louis nodded as she left.

*****

Two weeks later, Harry was allowed home. He had special medication he had to take while he recovers from the surgery. He was stronger now.

They had invited the family around to have a belated birthday party for Harry.

The house was decorated in balloons, streamers and banners. Gemma and Niall helped put them up.

Ari's Mum, Anne, had baked a cake, with Nemo on the top. Party food was spread out on the table.

Music played, not too loudly, as people danced and smiled.

This was a happy time. The family were all back together.

Louis was carrying Harry around. He was clinging to his Daddy.

The music was turned off as Louis got everyone's attention.

"Thank you all for coming to celebrate Harry's birthday. Bit late, but that's ok. It's a very special day and we're so happy to share it with you all."

Ari bought the cake over, 2 big candles burning in the centre, and placed it on the table.

"Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Harry
Happy birthday to you"

Everyone sang and Niall was allowed to blow out the candles.

The party went on for a couple of hours.

Once everyone had left, the family sat on the sofa, cuddled up together.

"What a great day! So glad everyone came." Ari said as Niall sat on her lap.

"Mummy...will Harry be allowed to play football in the garden with me soon please?" Niall asked sweetly.

Ari smiled at her son. "Not just yet love. He can't walk yet, remember."

Niall looked sad. "I can't wait til he can play with us. I love him."

"And he loves you too Niall, and Gemma. Bet he can't wait to play with you." Ari replied, kissing the top of Niall's head.

Harry had fallen asleep on Louis' lap. He sucked his thumb happily.

"Hopefully, by Christmas, he'll be running around everywhere, getting under our feet." Louis said.

By 9pm the kids were falling asleep. Louis had put Harry to bed a while ago, so he carried Gemma up to her bed, tucking her in, and kissing her cheek.

"Love you Daddy." She said quietly.

"Love you too sweetheart."

Ari put Niall to bed.

Once back in their bedroom, they checked Harry was ok, before getting into their bed.

"Goodnight love." Louis said.

"Night babe."

The light went out and they spooned each other, falling into a contented sleep.

Sorry...I tried updating the other day, but I lost half the chapter.

Harry in London last night... gorgeous in all yellow. I'm not really a Stormzy fan but that was great. Shame didn't get to see it.

Hope he feels better soon though.

All the love 💞💞💞