SEVENTY EIGHT

Harry was laying on the sofa, crying.

"It hurts Daddy. Make it stop." He begged as the tears fell from his pale green eyes. Louis was worried. This was the third headache he had this week.

"The pills not working love?" He replied, feeling Harry's head for a temperature.  He felt warm to the touch.

Harry shook his head. "I feel sick."

Louis panicked and ran to the kitchen, grabbing a bucket from the cupboard, and ran back just in time for Harry to vomit into it.

Fortunately, it was one of Louis' days off, so he could stay with Harry all day.

He was sick a couple more times, before he fell back against the cushions.

"I don't feel good." Harry mumbled, sweat dripping down his face.

There was a knock at the door, making Louis jump. He walked over and opened it, seeing Perrie stood there with a big smile and a bag full of food.

"Hi Lou.  Ready for the picnic?" He had totally forgot their plans for the day. He invited her inside.

"God Perrie, I'm so sorry. I forgot.  Harry isn't well, do you mind if we cancel?" His voice shook as he spoke as he was so worried. He heard retching coming from the living room and ran back there, followed by Perrie.

Harry threw up again, as Louis sat beside him, rubbing his back and telling him it will all be alright.

"God Lou, he looks so ill.  What's caused this?"

"He keeps getting headaches. This is the third this week, but he hasn't been sick with it before."

"Lou...I think he should see a doctor. We can go in my car. Get him ready." She said.

Louis was really worried now. He picked Harry up and carried him out to her car. Perrie opened the door and he placed Harry on the back seat, sitting beside him.

*****

As they walked into the hospital, Harry passed out, falling to the ground.

Louis called out for help, and 2 nurses rushed over. They put him in a wheelchair, and took him straight to a cubicle.  A doctor was called and came quickly.

*****

Louis paced the corridor. He wasn't allowed in with Harry as they checked him over.

"What's taking them so long?" He asked Perrie.

"I don't know love. I'll go see what's going on." She left him alone for a short while, returning shortly after, followed by the doctor.

"Please...What's happening? Is he ok?"

"Mr Tomlinson. I'm doctor Murs. We're taking Harry for a brain scan. Try not to worry. It's just a precaution. I'll let you know when he's back." He said, patting Louis' arm.

Louis slumped down into the nearest chair, head in his hands. Perrie sat beside him, putting an arm around his shoulder.

An hour passed and Harry was taken into a room. Louis and Perrie followed him in with Doctor Murs.

They sat and looked up at the Doctor.

"It's not good news." Louis' heart sank. Not again. Hasn't his son been through enough in his short life?

"The scans showed Harry has a brain tumour."

Oh no!

Sorry it's short, wanted to leave you all on a cliffhanger.  I'll try and update later.

I've got a new book out called Sunflower Vol.1
Please take a look and tell me what you think.

All the love 💖💖💖