THIRTEEN

Louis was Harry's carer as well as his father. As Harry had medical needs, they had agreed that rather than him keep having strangers in to take care of him, Louis would do it.

He wouldn't want it any other way. Louis loved Harry so much, as he should.

Ariana went to work every day, she would leave home at 8am five days a week, getting home around 5.

Lately though, she'd been working later, saying work was hectic and was lots going on. Louis was ok with that, as it would mean more money coming in.

But Louis was also finding it hard. Looking after a poorly 3 year old as well as rushing around after a 6 and 10 year old too, who also needed his attention.

"Dad! Niall is annoying me! Can you tell him to get out of my room?" Gemma shouted down the stairs.

Harry had been asleep on the sofa, and Gemma's yelling had woken him up.

"Gemma!" Louis sighed. Harry cried and rubbed his eyes.

"Dad!!!! He hit me!" Gemma shouted again.

Louis picked Harry up and walked up the stairs.

"Will you stop yelling? You woke Harry up!" He groaned as he went in her bedroom.

"Niall...why are you in here? Go to your own room please, and no hitting your sister please"

Niall frowned. "I only wanted to play wiv her. She's being horrid again."

"I need my space Niall. I don't have to play with you all the time you know?!"

"But...but...you're my sister, you should play wiv me." He looked sad.

"No I don't. Get out!"

Harry was still crying in Louis' arms. "Will you two please be quiet, you're upsetting Harry!"

"Upsetting Harry! What about me?! I'm upset!" Gemma yelled, running to the bathroom, slamming the door and locking it.

Louis sighed.

Niall said no more, he just walked slowly back to his bedroom, closing the door quietly.

Louis now felt really guilty. Gemma and Niall were both upset and Harry was still grizzly.

He did fall back to sleep a couple of minutes later, so Louis put him in his bed, tucking him in.

He knocked on the bathroom door, hearing sniffles coming from behind it.

"Gem...open the door love, please. I'm sorry."

He heard the lock click and the door opened slowly.

Gemma had been crying. Her cheeks were red and damp.

Louis opened his arms and she fell into them.

"I'm sorry." He said again, as she hugged him.

"I'm sorry too. Niall just...annoys me sometimes." She said quietly.

"Is anything else bothering you? You can talk to me." Louis asked as they sat on the bathroom floor together.

Gemma wiped her eyes and sighed.

"I...I just get fed up. I love Niall, I really do, but he wants to be around me all the time. Sometimes I just want to be on my own. I'm horrible, aren't I?" She whispered.

Louis looked into her Beautiful brown eyes. "No, love, you're not horrible. We all need me time. I'll talk to Niall, but you know he doesn't mean any harm. You're lucky you have a brother who wants to spend time with you though, lots of kids don't have that." He smiled at her. Gemma returned the smile.

"I know. I'm sorry. I'll talk to him soon. I just need an hour on my own. Is that ok? And...I'm sorry I made Harry cry too."

"It's fine. You go to your room. I'll tell Niall to leave you in peace for a bit." He got up, helping Gemma up, and they left the bathroom going separate ways.

Louis knocked on Niall's bedroom door and opened it, popping his head around it, seeing Niall on his bed.

"Hey love. Are you ok?" Louis asked.

"Yeah." Niall replied, sitting up. "I was just lonely. Sorry."

Louis sat next to Niall. "Gemma wants to talk to you. She's just resting for a bit. She's not mad at you, so don't worry." Louis said, putting an arm around Niall.

"Ok."

The door suddenly opened and a little brown haired boy appeared.

"Hello Harry. Come in." Niall said, happily.

Harry toddled over, stumbling slightly, making it to Niall's bed, he helped Harry get up onto it.

Harry plopped himself down in-between his dad and brother, making himself comfortable.

"You ok Harry?" Niall asked as he tickled him.

Harry giggled and squirmed.

Louis laughed. "Least you woke up in a good mood." He said. "I need to start cooking dinner. You two want to help?"

Niall stopped tickling Harry and clapped his hands. "Yeah yeah yeah! We can help can't we Harry?"

Harry nodded, a big grin on his face.

"Let's get Gemma too!"

"I'll see if she wants to help." Louis said.

He knocked and opened her door.

"Love... we're all gonna cook dinner. Would you like to help?"

Gemma smiled. "Yes please." She got up, hugged Louis and left her room.

The boys were waiting at the top of the stairs.

"I'm sorry Gem." Niall said.

"I'm sorry too. Come here." Niall walked to her and they hugged. Harry, feeling left out, walked over and joined in.

"What the heck." Louis said, and he joined in too.

"Come on. Let's get this food cooked, shall we?"

They all went down to the kitchen and Louis got out the ingredients they needed.

"Right. Sausage, mash and veg tonight."

He put the vegetables on the table. Harry put them in piles, while Gemma peeled and Niall carefully chopped with Louis' supervision.

Fifteen minutes later the veg was all ready.

He put them all on to cook, while he put sausages under the grill.

When the food was cooked, Louis and Gemma put it onto the plates that Niall had put on the table.

They sat down to eat. Ari was still at work, so hers was put in the microwave for later.

"Thank you guys. This looks delicious." Louis praised them.

"Thanks for letting us help." Gemma said. Niall and Harry agreed and smiled.

They ate their meal, talking about their day and telling jokes.

The day was ending good, after all.

Sorry if this was boring. Got writers block again.

All the love 💞💞💞