TWENTY SEVEN 🤮

Louis let Harry sleep in his bed that night. Harry was still poorly. He had been sick again before bedtime. His temperature was still a little high. He just wanted hugs from Louis.

"Daddy." Harry whimpered, fidgeting.

"Daddy!" He said a bit louder, and gently shoved Louis' arm.

"Harry! Are you ok?" Louis sat up suddenly, but a bit too late, as Harry threw up all over himself and the bed.

"Damn!" Louis cursed as he grabbed the bucket up off of the floor, just in time for round two.

Poor Harry.

He hasn't been this sick for a long time.

Once he was done, he slumped back on the pillow.

"My poor baby. We need to get you cleaned up."

He moved the bucket away and pulled his duvet off of the bed, careful not to get any vomit on the floor.

He gently picked Harry up and carried him to the bathroom. He was crying softly, half asleep.

He sat harry on the toilet and unbuttoned his pyjama top, sliding it off his shoulders. Harry shivered.

Louis filled the sink up with warm water.

He removed Harry's pyjama bottoms and sat him back down, just as Gemma came in.

"Oh sorry....has he been sick again?" She asked, looking concerned.

"Afraid so. Can you pass me a towel love?"

Gemma handed him a towel off of the towel warmer and wrapped it around Harry's  shoulders.

He took a cloth and put it in the water, wringing it out, he carefully washed Harry down. Once he got all the vomit off of him, he fetched some clean pyjamas and dressed him.

"You need any help Dad?" Gemma asked as Louis picked Harry up.

"No. We're good. Thanks love. You get back to bed."

"Will do. Hope hes ok now." She said. Louis took Harry back to their room.

The bed was a mess. Luckily most of the vomit went on the duvet, just a little bit on one side of the sheets.

He quickly changed the sheet and got some blankets out of a cupboard.

Once the bed was made, he placed Harry back down.  He put the heating on, as it was quite cold without the duvet, and got into bed.

Harry was fast asleep. Looking reasonably relaxed, Louis closed his eyes and fell asleep.

*****

The next morning,  Louis woke up to see Harry sleeping peacefully. He was facing his Daddy,  mouth slightly open, drooling a bit. A soft snore escaping from his chapped lips. His curly fringe, damp and clinging to his forehead.

Louis smiled.

Luckily there was no school today, so he let the boy sleep.

"Dad?" Gemma whispered as she popped her head around the door. "Is Harry better now?"

Louis motioned her closer to him. "Not sure love. He's not been sick since you saw him last. Thanks for helping with him."

Gemma smiled and hugged Louis,  sitting next to him on the bed. "He looks cute when he sleeps, doesn't he?"

Louis laughed. "He sure does,  you all do." He tucked Gemma's hair behind her ear. She reminded him so much of their Mum with her long dark hair and brown eyes.

"Daddy...I'm hungry, when's breakfast?" A little voice came from the door. Niall appeared, rubbing his eyes.

"Morning to you too Niall." Louis laughed. "I'll go make you and Gemma's,  if you can just watch Harry for me?"

They both nodded as Louis went down to the kitchen and got out two bowls, spoons, some milk and cereal. He put two glasses of orange juice on the table too.

"Go help yourselves." He said as he came back into the bedroom.

"Thanks Daddy." They both said as they ran down to eat.

"What are we gonna do with you then young man?" Louis asked Harry,  even though he was still asleep. He felt his forehead, he didn't feel as hot as he did earlier. That was a good sign.

Harry turned onto his back and let out a little cough and a groan.

Louis kept quiet, just to see if Harry was waking up.

Harry yawned dramatically. He turned his head and opened his eyes, seeing his Daddy sitting in front of him. He smiled.

"Daddy."

"Good morning  Precious.  How are you feeling?"

"Tummy hungry." He replied, rubbing his stomach, just as it rumbled.

"I expect it is love. How about some dry toast for now?"

Harry nodded and sat up, holding his arms out.

Louis got off the bed and picked Harry up. He immediately put his head on Louis' chest, tucking his arms in and placed a thumb in his mouth. Louis picked up a blanket and his favourite  rainbow bear and they headed downstairs.

"Hey Harry!" Niall greeted him. " are you feeling better?" Harry nodded and yawned. Being ill really tired him out.

Louis put Harry on a chair inbetween his siblings while he made some toast.

Gemma pulled Harry's chair closer to her, so that Harry could climb onto her lap. He cuddled up to her, and she smiled. She loves cuddles from her brothers.

"Kids...you know I've been trying to get hold of your Mum?" Louis said as he put Harry's toast in front of him. "Well, I haven't  been able to get hold of her, and I think she should know that Harry's been poorly. So...I thought I'd  go to Rita's today, and talk to her there. Is that ok with you?"

All three kids looked at him and nodded.

They all missed her, especially Harry.

"So...I asked Bebe if she can watch you while I go out. I won't be long, she will be here soon, so you be good ok?" He knew they would be. They are never any trouble to anyone.

Gemma helped Harry with his toast, as there was a knock at the door.

Louis let Bebe in and said goodbye, as he got his car keys and left home.

He hadn't told Rita he was coming over. He hoped she'd be ok with it. After all, she didn't want them to split up in the first place.

So Louis drove to the other side of town to Rita's  house.

He parked in the driveway and got out. Rita's car was parked there.

He walked up to the door and took a deep breath.

He rang the doorbell and waited.

After a minute the door opened.

"Louis? What are you doing here?"

Hi.
How are you all?
So...no judgement...brilliant and what a great funny video, and Niall looked amazingly handsome.
New album soon too yay!
I keep listening to walls at night and fine line in the day, both are masterpieces.

Thoughts on the chapter?

All the love 💖💖💖