"As for spending time with dad, ask him the reason I've been so scarce. I am not the reason everything goes wrong in this family." She added.

"Ladies!" Richard exclaimed.

"Am I home to hear the two people I love the most bicker?" He asked.

Amelia let out a breath. "I'll leave then, it seems I am always the issue."

"Darling no, sit down please." Her father said politely.

"No dad, it seems I'm quite unwanted." Amelia said sourly.

"Of course not sweetheart, your mother is just concerned. We love you dearly please don't leave lunch upset like this." He said.

"Your fathers right." Her mother said.

Amelia took in a breath and decided to give in, after all she needed to be sweet to her dad if she intended on getting answers to questions that she's been dying to ask.

"Thank you." Her father smiled at her as she sat down again.

"Now, tell us more about Brady." Her father told her as he sipped on his wine.

Chantel rolled her eyes but Richard gave her a warning look so she bit her tongue and remained quiet.

"You say he doesn't have a mother, what happened to her?" Richard asked.

"She walked out on them when he was a kid, it's a real touchy subject so please don't bring it up in front of him." Amelia answered.

"Of course." Her father agreed.

"And his father?" Richard asked.

"He died. Also a very sensitive thing for him." Amelia answered.

"That's awful, the poor boy." Richard said.

"I guess it is what it is, it's made him grow up and be the man of the house at a very young age. He's aunt and sister are his whole universe." Amelia said.

"I had no idea, that's a very admirable quality about him." Richard said honestly.

"He's really not as bad as you might think, the more you know him and understand him the more you'll realise just what a good person he really is. He gave up his future to provide a future for his sister, he's put her in the best school in our city and has a college fund for her. He's shouldered all responsibilities from a very young age." Amelia praised him.

Richard nodded. "There certainly is more to him than meets the eye."

Amelia nodded. "I'm glad I gave him a chance and truly got to know him. I've never met anyone from my generation like him."

"You're quite smitten." Her father half grinned.

"Perhaps more than just that." Amelia said under her breath but everyone at the table heard her.

Chantel cleared her throat. "If you'll excuse me, I'm done with my meal."

"Mo-" Amelia began but Chantel stood up and exited the dining room.

Amelia sighed.

"She'll come around." Richard told her reassuringly.

"I doubt it, the only reason you're showing interest is because you're scared I'll spill the beans about your affair to mom." Amelia told her father.