From Bad to Worse

Zacznij od początku

"What? You didn't tell her?"

He gets punched in his gut wound by Faith.

"I told you to shut up. You're not going to get away with whatever you did to Dawn by changing the subject. What did you do to her?"

I'm actually interested in both subjects.

"I told you, I didn't..."

She hits him again, grabs him and throws him out the front door. I go up to Faith.

"What are you doing?"

"He did something to Dawn B."

"So you're going to beat him till he can't speak? That's gonna make things better?"

"Might not make everything better but it'll probably make me feel better."

She walks out onto the porch and stands over him. She picks him up and punches him hard, then throws him out on to the front lawn.

What is going on with Faith and Spike? Did something happen that I don't know about?

I walk out onto the porch and down to the front lawn with Faith.

"Bugger! Didn't you see the gaping hole in my stomach?"

"Yes actually, I did."

Faith steps on the bloody part of his bandage and presses hard, making him groan in pain and grab the foot. He tries his best to pull her foot off but she just applies more pressure.

"What did you do to Dawn?"

"God, I told you, nothing... I was just there..."

She pushes down on his stomach more, making him shut up. I turn to her.

"Faith, stop it."

"Why? It won't kill him."

"No but it might make him pass out, and besides you won't even let him finish a sentence. We can't know that he's lying to us until he actually finishes doing it."

She looks down at him and I could swear the look on Faith's face makes me think she's afraid of what he's gonna say, just for a second though. She takes her foot off him. I look down at him.

"Talk!"

He takes a second to breathe.

"You really know how to sweet talk a guy, don't you? No wonder you're gay."

I give him a slightly slayer powered kick to the gut and I'm pretty sure he has internal as well as external bleeding because he coughs up blood.

"What happened with Dawn?"

"Like I said... I was just along for the... ride."

"The ride?"

"The ride where?"

"The kid was looking to... take a mid, midnight stroll..."

He coughs a few more times.

"I figured she'd... be safer with me looking over her shoulder..."

"Why you? Why couldn't you just go and get one of us?"

"She wasn't, going to stop long... enough to let me, and in this town, the monsters will grab you three, feet from your door... I had to make sure that, didn't happen..."

"Why?"

He looks directly at Faith for just long enough for me to notice.

"Because as mad as you are, I'm betting you ain't gonna stake me for trying to protect the kid. Whereas... if I had let her go on her, her merry way by her... lonesome, you probably would've s-staked, me the second I told, you..."