Faith in Love

Dawn's POV

"I don't know Dawn. I mean it might work, but only if they are both willing."

"They're willing. Of course they're both willing. Why wouldn't they be? They love each other a lot."

"Yes they do Dawn, but sometimes things get in the way. Sometimes people who love each other still can't make it work. Your father and I loved each other very much, but other things got in the way."

"But, I mean... it doesn't have to be that way for them. They can still work things out and be okay right?"

"Maybe they can Dawn, but then again maybe they can't. There's just no way to be sure."

"So you won't help me?"

"Of course I'll help you honey. I want to see things work out for them just as much as you."

I give her a hug.

"Thanks Mom."

She smiles at me and pushes the hair in my face back behind my ear.

"Of course honey, I just wanted you to be prepared in case things don't work out."

"I will. I know things could go bad but I don't think they will. They love each other a lot and that's why things will work out."

The phone rings and Mom gets up to get it.

I know they've got a lot of problems, but at least some of those problems are my fault. I know they said it wasn't my fault but they keep yelling at each other about me, so it's gotta be at least a little bit my fault. Maybe if I can show them I don't want them to fight about me because all I really want is for them to be okay and happy, it might give them reason enough to get better.

I want us to be one big happy family, all four of us. I just know if my plan works, that will happen.

Mom picks up the phone.

"Hello? Rupert?"

Giles?

"Rupert what's wrong?"

Buffy's POV

She... she will come for me.

I fall face first to the floor as the snake uncoils itself from me.

She, has to come for me.

I manage to pull my arms from my sides, my elbows throbbing in pain from where the snake's tail was coiled around me. I try to push myself up to my hands and knees but only get a few inches off the floor before my head starts spinning and my arms give way from the pain.

She's... she's gonna save me, I know she will.

"Ooh goodie! It's not even Christmas and you brought me a present."

That, voice... I know that voice.

I try to lift my head to see if it's really her but I can't. I don't have to wait long for confirmation though, because she walks over here and kneels down. She grabs me by the hair and pulls me up so our eyes meet.

It's her, that demon lady I saved the monk from.

She drops my head and it bounces off the carpet.

She... she has to come for me.

I try and get up again but a heeled shoe drives itself into my back, forcing me to stay down.