Evil But Good

Spike's POV

What is wrong with people these days? No one ever thinks about what they're doing before they do it. I may not be known as one of the great thinkers of our time but I know enough not to mess with darker forces than me. Bigger and badder forces are bigger and badder for a reason.

They like chaos, destruction, pain and heartache. Don't get me wrong I like the last two, but chaos and destruction? Not so much. That's why I helped Buffy stop Angel from destroying the world that one time. I'd rather the world stick around for a while, maybe for eternity if I manage to live that long.

The point is, whatever Red tapped into is not gonna be happy it got tapped and it's gonna push back. These Scoobies have no idea what they're...

"Buffy?"

I stop in the middle of the graveyard at the sight of the slayer a few feet away. She stops and rolls her eyes.

"Spike..."

"How's it going slayer?"

"Fine..."

I start to approach her cautiously.

"Then what's with the solo act? Shouldn't your better half be here with you?"

"Right... my better half, whatever."

Something must be going on with them already. Buffy being back, they should be all bells and sunshine. But they're not.

"Everything okay between you two?"

She starts walking away and I follow her tentatively.

"I don't wanna talk about it, especially with you."

Maybe she didn't tell her.

"Did she tell you?"

"Who?"

"Faith, did she tell you about me? About how I've been doing your job while you were out. Being all noble and fighting the forces of evil."

"Mom sorta, filled me in. She didn't happen to mention why though. Now that I think about it, I gotta wonder myself."

Okay, the truth.

"Look, you and I aren't friends..."

"We're mortal enemies."

"Yeah well, Faith and I, we're not."

"You're friends?"

"We're not friends, not in the strictest sense. More like colleagues, or co-workers I guess. The point is, I like her. She's so much less of a bitch than you are."

"She can be a real bitch when she wants to be."

"True, but not with me. Which is weird cause she could be, me being a vampire and all, but she ain't. She's pretty cool, for a slayer."

"I'm glad you like her, now go away."

"Hey I was just trying to be nice."

"And since when do you care about being nice? Or about anyone besides yourself?"

"You've been gone a while. Things can change in 3 months."

"You're a vampire."

"And?"

"Vampires don't change. They're evil, sadistic, and self-centered."

"So was Faith."

"What?"

She stops and looks at me.

"Faith, your big forever love girl. You remember her don't you?"

"Of course I... what does that have to do with anything?"

"She was evil, sadistic, and self-centered wasn't she?"

"How did you...?"

"Your mates told me all about her, especially since hers truly was quite non-verbal on the subject."

"Did you have a point? Or is bugging the crap out of me part of your whole 'turning over a new leaf' thing?"

"Thing of it is, I wanna help, if you'll let me."

"Really don't."

She starts walking away again.

This ain't gonna do nothing.

"Fine, go on then. Just trying to help."

Maybe I'll go talk with her better half later.