♛Chptr. 80: That First Dream of His Last Breath♛

Start from the beginning

His eyes never left Jimin. He would follow Jimin everywhere the latter goes just to make sure that he was alright. The reason why he couldn't really be with Jimin now was that he was afraid he'd turn weak. He's afraid that Jimin will change his mind.

But he knew he had to do it. He doesn't want to dwell in his past anymore and that one sole yet dark voice in his head only wants something before he said he'd finally disappear completely.

'I need to make him pay for everything he had done to us, Jungkook... That's the only way I'd let you in peace.' 

As moments passed by, he suddenly heard two gunshots and his eyes widened in utter shock. The man he's been watching over walked out of the house whistling gleefully with an umbrella over his head. He watched as the old man hopped in his own car and sped out of the house.

Jungkook felt that something wasn't right so as soon as the car went out of the driveway he ran inside the house and straight towards the room where he thought he heard the gunshots from.

Not expecting the scene right in front of his eyes, his body froze on the spot. His eyes immediately shake as he got lost in his words. 

It was Namjoon and Hoseok.

---------------------------------------------------------

Jin walked inside the almost too quiet house that it's actually scary. Compared to his usual Cafe uniform and casual clothes, he was now wearing an all-black outfit with a pandora hat over his head. 

He scanned the whole place and nothing seemed to be out of order. 

But he, of all the people, would know that it wasn't the case at all. 

He drew out two black cards out of his coat pocket as it flashed two familiar names. He doesn't have that much time. They don't have that much time.

He closed his eyes and with just a snap of his fingers, he found himself in the room with two people bathing in their own pool of blood.

Hoseok was now sitting up with his back on the side of the bed, his bloodied hand pressing on his lower abdomen to stop the bleeding as Namjoon was on his lap already unconscious and almost not breathing.

Hoseok noticed Jin's presence even with his now blurry vision. A tear ran down the side of his left cheek, ignoring how he should ask for Jin to save him. He's more worried about Namjoon's life.

"P-Please... h-help... h-im..." He forced the words to come out of his lips before he coughed out blood indicating how bad the bullet had hit a part of his organ.

Jin crouched down before he leaned in and kissed Hoseok's forehead. He pulled away only to see Hoseok's eyes already closed, his arms already limp on his sides. 

Jin's eyes then landed on Namjoon who was on Hoseok's lap. He reached his right hand out touching Namjoon's cheek as he brushed it with his thumb.

"It's going to be okay, Namjoon-ah..." He whispered to his past lover with a serene but sad look on his eyes. 

"It'll be okay..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------  

Jimin didn't think too much about it. He thought that Mr. Jeon just needed some company because of everything that had happened in the past days. He also got the news that Mr. Jeon's second wife was also murdered and that he was also on hostage that day.

What he missed though was the fact that Mr. Jeon had something different in mind rather than just asking him for coffee. 

It was just silence in the car as Mr. Jeon drove until the older reached for the cassette player in his car playing a song he loved. The car's atmosphere turned different now with the music playing.