♛Chptr. 71: Mine to Hold, Mine to Let Go♛

My confidence in writing a Chapter here has gone down to a 6 so please bear with this Update since I'm still collecting myself xD

====================

"You're right here in my arms...

Too close...

But still so far.

Is it because you're not mine to hold anymore?"

====================

3rd person's POV

It was in the middle of the day when Taehyung walks in with his confident strides towards one of the refrigerators of that local convenience store. He grabs himself a cold can of soda before he went straight to this one particular seat with the perfect view of the sidewalks.

He felt the person beside him stiffen by the way he stands so close. Nevertheless, he still sat uninvited as he placed the can of soda pushing it on the person's side of the table.

The latter lowered the cap on her head to cover more parts of her features. The white gown that hugs her figure seeming to be too big to be her size. Taehyung figured. 

"You might be wondering how I found you," Taehyung started, his eyes only fixed on the streetwalk with the random strangers passing by. His chin just resting on the palm of his hand seeming relaxed and unbothered by the situation.

"But you're just such an easy prey... an amateur." He emphasized with a smug look on his face. 

"Hoseok lost his phone so who else would get it?" By the mere mention of that alone, she cursed under her breath, her hold on the wooden chopsticks she was using a moment ago from eating the shitty ramyeon she's been eating for days now tightened by her frustration. 

She is such an idiot. Why did she not even think that Hoseok's phone could be tracked? 

Cursing her luck, she was about to rise up to her feet and run away when a tight hold on her wrist stopped her. And now Taehyung was staring at her, that blank expression almost made her shake. 

"I didn't tell anyone. I am the only one who knew that you're here so there's really no need for this stupid hide and seek game with me." At first, she doesn't know whether to believe him or not. But by the time Taehyung voiced out his proposal, she couldn't help but be intrigued about Taehyung's purpose of pursuing her.

She doesn't even know him but the way he was staring at her made her feel familiar. Like they were sharing the same purpose in this world... having the same rotten soul too.

So instead of arguing further, she sits back into her previous seat as she listens closely to what the other has to offer. Taehyung withdrew his hand with that still blank look on his face.