Chapter 8: The Deal (Part 3) (Edited)

"And...Darion is out! Ares wins!" Announced an elf as he held up Ares' arm, the tavern's cheers somehow managing to get even louder before a bag of money was soon dropped in front of him.

"Congrats Ares!" I laughed as I walked over to his side of the table, his face completely flushed while his eyes opened and closed. God, if there were cameras in this world, I needed one now!

"T-Thanks..." He slurred as he slid the bag closer to me before he suddenly let his head fall onto the table.

"Don't worry ma'am." Suddenly said a servant with a friendly smile as he and another one came over.

"We'll help him up to a room and since he won the drinking game. Consider his and your room free of charge!" He grinned, helping Ares out of his seat before leading him upstairs.

"Ah...how this world continues to grow on me more and more," I said to myself with a light smile. Just before I was about to follow the three upstairs to the room, I had suddenly felt the chill of the nighttime air as the tavern door suddenly opened.

"There you are." Said the Black Queen as she walked in, her royal gown now replaced with a black cloak and hood. I looked around the tavern a few more times before I went up to her, I would've thought she would send a messenger or something! It's not like I exactly expected her to step out of her castle.

"I didn't expect you to literally come outside your castle," I admitted with an awkward laugh.

The Queen raised a brow. "I had something important to tell you, I am not like my sister-wife where I am so arrogant to not step out and greet my people." She sighed.

"Now, assuming you're still interested in having an alliance as well as trade with my kingdom. I suggest you follow me." She said before walking out the door, causing me to quickly rush after her.

As I walked silently beside the Queen through the empty streets, the sight of the bright moon overhead without a single star in sight giving the kingdom a sort of ghost town feeling. I had finally worked up enough courage to speak to the Queen.

"So...exactly what's the issue, your majesty?" I asked before she looked at me.

"Ah yes, my kingdom has a thief problem." Queen Aidan stated bluntly, my eyes widening. This kingdom had a thief problem? I mean...sure, the thief earlier today raised a few questions but what place didn't have thieves?

"Though...the thief issue as well as a few other issues is only a mere side effect of the main issue." Queen Aidan continued.

"The main issue being my sister-wife Nadia." I tilted my head a little.

"What's going on with Queen Nadia?"

"She is nothing but a selfish, lying, disgrace of a woman. It took me a while to notice but...after the death of our husband-"

'Our' still, the fact that they were both married to the same guy...it just didn't sit well with me. Polygamy happened in my old world as well but that didn't mean I accepted it in the slightest.

"-I had suddenly heard her one night discussing with someone else about eventually killing me and turning the kingdom into one big thief hideout."

"Why haven't you exposed her then?" I asked.

"I am the younger Queen. The words of the eldest always matter first." Queen Aidan explained, that simple rule making me roll my eyes.

"Though, that doesn't mean I haven't tried to burn out the hideout yet. I have, but...each time ends in another frustrating failure." She said.