Chapter 1: Another Chance (Part 2) (Edited)

'Either I'm dead...or unconscious.' I thought to myself as I simply floated in the darkness, my mind slowly starting to accept the first option no matter how many times I wanted to believe the latter. 

It was just too silent, it was just too black, it was absolutely...freezing. Just before I was getting comfortable with the silence and darkness, ready to start reminiscing on my life, I had suddenly heard the sound of crackling flames as well as the sounds that reminded me of ice breaking. 

"What the heck?!" I cried out in shock as I suddenly saw a tornado of ice and fire form in front of me, the very sight making my eyes go as wide as a full moon as I floated there and stared.

As the sight grew more confusing but nonetheless wonderous by the passing moment, it wasn't long before the tornado formed a giant dog. The sudden figure of the animal causing a sudden rushing wind to pass overhead before an owl appeared right beside the ice and fire canine, it's snow-white body alongside its blinding golden eyes leaving me in complete shock. 

"W-Who...are you?" I dared to ask the giant bird, its eyes staring into mine for a few more awkward but nonetheless incredible moments before it finally spoke.

 "I am your savior, Plena Luna Ibis and you have been given the chance to be birthed into a new body." The bird spoke, its voice making me assume that it was a girl. 

"H-Huh?" "Are you deaf young spirit? You have the chance to be rebirthed into a new body, with a price of course..." She said once again as she gestured towards the other phoenix.

 Her tone...so proper, so formal and so full of arrogance that would make a rich man look humble.

I already knew I wasn't going to like her but, of course, floating there in total darkness...not even knowing if I had freaking limbs or if anyone else was around for crying out loud! It didn't take much me to think of saying yes but...I wasn't exactly fond of the way she said 'price'. 

"What's the price? Why do you even want to help me?" I asked hesitantly, the phoenix's eyes narrowing slightly while its feathers started to ruffle a little. 

"I shall have to fix that too curious tongue of yours..." She murmured. I didn't like the sound of that, not one single bit.

 "But, the price is to be my champion, to serve under me without any complaints or hesitation. Your body and very soul will belong to me young spirit." The owl said matter-of-factly. 

"And why help you...? Oh, I'm not helping you. I'm merely helping myself."

 Hold on a moment...serve her? I'd rather float here in eternal darkness than spend the rest of my next life simply serving a bird like a-a brainless sheep!

I was much more than that...maybe if I sat and waited long enough, someone else who was much nicer would come around- 

"Speak quickly now." The phoenix hissed. 

"I do not have time to wait for a lowly soul when there are so many others more worthy than you. 

How rude! But...what if no one else came? 

'Ah, Christ...I'm going to regret this more than anything.' I thought to myself, closing my eyes for a small moment before I nodded my head. 

"Yes, I'll take the new body. I'll serve as your champion or whatever." I said, the owl soon starting to flap her wings as she began to rise. 

"Then run alongside me young spirt." She said before she flew off, a sudden gust of air encasing me as I soon found myself right in front of the dog, the ice slowly starting to disappear before only fire was left.