Chapter 5: Now Or Never (Part 2) (Edited)

Lying in my corner, the sounds of the night along with the addition of snoring only making me restless as I tossed and turned with a whine, I had soon felt my collar begin to vibrate, the feeling very much welcomed.

"Where have you been?" I immediately whispered to my collar.

"I thought you left me behind to fend for myself." I snickered, a simple hoot coming from the other side before Ibis cleared her throat.

'That's partially the reason...' She admitted.

'But I was taking care of some things, consider one of those things a reward should you escape if you will.' She sighed, the word making my tail thump against the ground before I had let out a heavy sigh.

'What is ever the matter young spirit? Are you not happy about escaping?' I chuckled.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I said.

"Y'know I love doin' the risky and reckless stuff, especially a good escape plan! Just...without other people being involved." I whined, Ibis going quiet for a moment before she sighed.

'I will not tell you that no one will be harmed, for people shall be, but...in this life. You must learn to accept that, unlike your world, not everyone will be fine, no matter how many times you try to make sure they are.' Ibis said, her words making me scoff.

"Now you sound like the half-snake."

'The Echidna is wise despite his audacious attitude.' Ibis hooted.

'After all, there is a reason he is an advisor to the mate of a Fox.' I widened my eyes almost immediately.

He didn't tell me that the King was actually shacking up with the Daemonium!

"The King is in love with a Fox?"

Ibis laughed quietly. 'Not the common fox as you are thinking of, but indeed, he is mates with a Fox.' She said.

I was tempted to ask more questions but...at the same time, I didn't want to. I don't think it's good for me to know the inside married life of someone I don't even know.

"So Daemoniums aren't evil then?"

'...Some aren't, though most hold resentment towards mortals for reasons that I shall not explain.' She said before my collar slowly ceased to vibrate.

'Sleep well my champion, escaping from Ursa's creation is no easy task.' Ibis said with a distant voice before the collar stopped vibrating completely, leaving me feeling drowsier than I've ever been in my life until I finally conked out.

As the night slowly rolled into the next day, the sounds of the birds chirping, Orcs complaining about having a hang-over and Basilisk's hissing being my alarm bell. I was quick to rise into a sitting position and yawn as the feeling of this day being a good one ruled my thoughts, after all, this was the day everyone would be escaping from these darn Orcs once and for all! And I planned to try and discuss the plan with Basilisk a little bit more before I decided to try and talk to Khaleesi and her people about what I could do to help their escape go even smoother.

"Why so glum Basilisk?" I barked as I trotted up to him, my tongue hanging out of my mouth as I watched him claw at the dirt ground.

"In the early hours of the morning, I overheard the Chieftain talking with his guard about doubling- no...tripling the guard amount." He hissed violently as he slammed a fist onto the ground.

"Apparently, the gathering we had the night before made too much noise last night." He said, my happy mood quickly going down the drain as I narrowed my eyes.