Repent [48]

Yogumunt laid on the ground, taking heavy, pained breaths. His mana fluctuated rebelliously, and it became clear he was trying to heal himself. However, the mana was completely out of his grasp, even his ability, Soul Manipulation seemed to slip from him.

He was exhausted, and for him, evolving was usually not a fast process.

Suddenly understanding what a soul was and using his own Spiritual Body Manifestation pushed him beyond his limits.

As such, he failed to maintain himself, and (Y/n)'s attack was the last straw, knocking Yogumunt from his throne of development.

For a moment the Sovereign was just discombobulated, but then he put the pieces together and grew furious.

Being pushed around by three humans — friends, at that — angered Yogumunt beyond belief.

At first his breathing quickened, but when he tried to push himself up, he couldn't even move his arms. He screamed, frustrated and helpless.

(Y/n) was still breathing heavily, but he managed to stay upright. His MP was starting to rise again, but after unlocking Void Manipulation and acquiring Chaos Void, he was still a bit disoriented.

Fanzer and Ichigo slowly found their ways to his sides, the former on the left and the latter on the right. They assisted (Y/n), making sure he could keep himself up. Underneath his feet he could tell his Shadows were watching and waiting. Soul Fusion had abruptly faded after Chaos Void stripped him of his MP, but his loyal allies were still there, waiting to assist him.

Yogumunt screamed unintelligibly, roaring out. He just sat for several minutes, screaming. Eventually, he barely managed to pick his head up, glaring daggers at the trio.

"I won't lose to you, you... pathetic humans! You sicken me! You can't fight on your own, so you gang up on me with friends, friends?! Friends will only make you weaker! They'll betray you and you'll be alone! But I'm stronger than you all! I don't need anyone else; I'll never need anyone else! You hear me?!"

Ichigo, Fanzer, and (Y/n) stared silently. They defeated Yogumunt, their biggest threat and adversary yet. Now he was just spitting insults at them, helpless to do anything else.

(Y/n) responded, a sudden understanding flashing within his eyes, "I've fallen into the habit of ignoring questions I don't think I've got enough answers to figure out, but I don't like doing that. One of the questions I've ignored is simply; 'why?'

"'Why have you spent years using Red Gates to create Constructs?'

"But I think I just figured it out. You're lonely, aren't you?"

Yogumunt scowled, clenching his teeth. His eyes shimmered with uncontrollable rage. "You're even dumber than I thought—"

"You live in a world on your own. You've worked alone on Constructs for decades in here. You've only interacted with them and them alone, and even that must've been scarce. Then, recently Pandora arrived.

"For me, it's only been... weeks since I last saw Julie — Pandora, but with the distorted time of this place, it's been months, hasn't it?"

Yogumunt snarled, but (Y/n) continued.

"The first person you talk to in ages has a goal for you, to bring me into a Red Gate. Of course, you want to satisfy her, she's the closest thing you've had to a connection in ages, the closest thing to a friend—"

"No, no, no! She was not my friend! I don't need something as pathetic as—"

(Y/n) persisted, "You followed her orders faithfully to please her. Dropping us three on Lycaon's Island, attacking us yourself, even bringing us all into the Gate to ambush us. You've tried your best to please her. And she betrayed you."