Red Gate [6]

(Y/n) was quick to skulk into the shadows of an alleyway, leaning against one of the walls and looking around for any sort of surveillance. Upon finding nothing, (Y/n) took a deep breath and pulled the dungeon key from his Inventory.

[Instant Dungeon Key]
[Rank: E]
A key that creates a Gate that only the Player can enter. Can be used at any location.

"An E-Rank dungeon all on my own.... Well, I guess I'm not all alone, am I?" (Y/n) glanced at the shadow of a nearby box, sensing Igris within it.

His Summon's presence calmed him.

(Y/n) pressed the key into the air, turning it. The E-Rank didn't even have a chance to suspect if he'd done things correctly, because the place where he pressed the key instantly transformed into a blue Gate, swirling around and around with dense mana.

"It'll just be a Gate. I can run away if things go poorly. That's my single reward for having fiercely trained for the last several days of intense running," (Y/n) nodded to himself, taking a deep breath and stepping into the Gate. Igris's shadow was quick to follow.

However, as soon as they stepped in, (Y/n) was hit with an awful feeling in his gut. Every bone in his body was desperately begging him to run away.

"This feeling.... No... no... no!" (Y/n) tried to take a step out of the Gate, but he only hit what felt like a solid wall. He quickly pulled out Legacy and tried to slash through the wall, but it didn't do anything to the thick, impenetrable mana.

(Y/n) wailed on the wall, but nothing changed. He was trapped. Trapped within a Red Gate.

"Damn it! Is this some sort of divine sorting for my ridiculously good luck?! Was getting the System, Igris, and Legacy too much on top of one another?!" (Y/n) groaned, pounding his fists into the blocked barrier.

He hadn't properly stepped through the Gate, so he was in an odd location, within the Gate but not on the other side of it. As soon as he stepped all the way through, he'd be left in an entirely different world, with no one around to help him.

No one around to help him but himself and Igris.

After a moment of sulking, (Y/n) rose to his feet.

"Okay. I think it's about time I get a move on," (Y/n) dusted his legs off, turning and looking out the Gate. The environment was constantly changing, from a desert to a tundra to a dark castle. "I'm the only one who can do this. So, I will, that's the only option here."

He stepped through the portal, Igris's shadow right behind him.

As soon as he stepped through, he was on guard. He looked all around, and the first thing he noticed was the giant, entirely green trees all around. Upon closer investigation, he realized they weren't trees, but massive individual blades of grass.

He looked down to the ground, noticing the massive expanse of dirt underneath his feet. He tried to peak above the blades of grass, and when he did, he then noticed an awe-inspiring tree in the distance. It stood tall like a tower, peaking far beyond the clouds.

The grass rustled intensely, making way for a gigantic creature.

"Don't tell me...."

Through the grass, a giant ant crept towards (Y/n), standing at just about the same height as a large wolf. Its diamond mandibles quivered.

"A giant world with giant insects... joy," (Y/n) whispered to himself, swallowing back his growing anxiety. He looked above the ant's head, seeing its name.

[Diamond Mandible Myrmidon]

(Y/n) stepped back, the ant stepped forward.

(Y/n) pulled Legacy from his Inventory, his heart thumping in his chest. He was staring down what had to at least a D-Rank monster. Any Hunter in the world could tell that the insect was the predator, and the E-Rank was the prey.