Battlefield [29]

(Y/n)'s Agility was incredible. He relied on his raw speed more than any of his other abilities, striking his enemies several times before dodging their attacks was his way through fights. However, his Agility didn't just increase his physical speed. As his speed increased, his reaction time lengthened, his reflexes sharpened, and his combat abilities followed suit.

Despite admittedly fearing his body might not be able to keep up with all the mayhem, Sung had no fear that his eyes could. So, with all that speed, he Observed the situation.

First, he went over what he knew.

The group came through the Red Gate—which (Y/n) couldn't even fake a bit of surprise over. He'd been entirely expecting to experience another one—and came face-to-face with Yogumunt, the Sovereign of Magical Constructs. The cavern where they all were then exploded to reveal the actual scene of the Red Gate.

Ignoring the startlingly high number of Constructs, the world was like a planetary Frankenstein's monster. The sky was deep red then bright blue then washed-out green in three different sections. The colors never blended, just shifted unnaturally like shoddy patchwork.

It didn't take (Y/n) long to notice that it was exactly that.

In the far distance, he could see a familiar set of intimidatingly large trees. The top of their leaves dared to scratch the sky. He was pretty sure that was where he fought Jill and Kabuto. Observing confirmed his thoughts, it was indeed where he fought the first Failed Constructs he'd seen.

If he somehow ignored the horde of Constructs, he could see a body of water in the distance. And beyond that, he could see a small island. He wondered if that was where he beat Lycaon. Once again, Umbra Observation confirmed his thoughts.

If all the different Red Gates connected with this one, (Y/n) deduced, it would have to be the connecting link between them all. And as such, it would be where Yogumunt resided.

That didn't make much of a difference, seeing that Yogumunt was right there anyway, but he was glad to know he'd have some sort of idea where Yogumunt ran off to if he managed to escape.

Now, focusing on the truly important thing, (Y/n) scanned the horde of nameless Constructs—217, if he counted correctly. He Observed everything he could, getting a good idea of the weaknesses and strengths of his enemies. Most of them were easy enemies to defeat, some of them being even weaker than Jill and Kabuto.

However, there were a few enemies that were about as strong as Lycaon. They were all Failed Constructs, like all their allies, but they had names. Enkidu, Kali, Lilith, Xuan Zang, and Nyx. They also looked quite distinctive compared to any of the other Constructs, they looked human, for the most part.

Enkidu was a hulking Ent, standing the largest over any of the Constructs. He was more like a towering tree than a proper enemy, but the roots growing out of the ground looked far more dangerous than anything a tree could naturally create. Even under his gaze, the roots moved around the battlefield, passing through the rock and dirt like nothing was there. A few ideas of what the roots would do popped into (Y/n)'s mind, but he ignored them, staying focused.

Kali, Lilith, and Nyx were all unique as well, but (Y/n) didn't care to keep their traits in mind. What he was focused on was Xuan Zang.

Xuan Zang was right behind Enkidu, protected firmly by the Ent. The robed monk held his hands together in a prayer, divine light rising from the monster.

(Y/n) hadn't seen many monsters cast buffs, but he could easily see the danger in allowing such a thing to happen. Unfortunately....

[Xuan Zang is preparing to use the skill: Enchanting Prayers.]