Banter [25]

(Y/n) felt intense heat rise through his body as he pushed his body to its limits. He was uncaring of his surroundings, shattering the cement in his rampaging sprint. But after about thirty seconds of running at full speed, (Y/n) calmed down, if only a little bit.

His pace didn't drop at all, but he started breathing properly and he allowed his use of Umbra Control to flow more naturally, lowering how much excess stamina he was losing. Between steps, (Y/n) summoned his status window, suddenly remembering the unused points he received after defeating Lycaon. Without a bit of hesitation, he put all 23 of the points into Agility, making it his highest stat, and a single point into Vitality, bringing it to a round 80.

Because Agility hit 100, (Y/n) received a new skill.

[Elder Kitsune's Grace | Lv. Max]
Elder kitsune's are well known for their incredible magical abilities, but their agility allows them to stay a step ahead of their prey. You hold the speed to easily match these beings.
100% Increase to Movement Speed and Attack Speed.
75% Increase to Evasion.

(Y/n) felt his muscles strengthening, streamlining with speed in mind without losing the power he'd already obtained. Even between steps, he could feel himself get faster. His body adapted to his skill, and he felt lighter than ever. He picked up the pace, without overextending his energy, opening his status screen, almost completely ignoring his HP and MP. However, when he did give them their attention, he was surprised by a few things he'd noticed unconsciously, like his lack of HP despite not being hit or his abundance of MP.

[Name: Sung (Y/n)]
[Level: -50]
[Class: Necromancer]
[Title: Black Wizard]
[Soul Attribute: ????]

[HP: 7,000/8,000]
[MP: 8,500/10,800]

[Strength: 108 (+108)]
[Dexterity: 59 (+59)]
[Agility: 116 (+116)]
[Vitality: 80 (+80)]
[Intelligence: 108 (+108)]
[Faith: 53]
[Luck: 52]

[Status Points: 0]

He believed he knew why, but he wanted a proper confirmation anyways. He swept open the descriptions of Umbra Control and Void Slash.

[Umbra Control | Lv. 1 | HP: 500]
Mana of Death cannot be manipulated in traditional ways, so it must be gathered and channeled through this ability, created by the first Black Wizard. This skill also collects Death Mana by absorbing Life Mana. When used, mana is stolen from the surroundings, increasing the user's MP and decreasing the MP of everything around, friend or foe.
Passively allows user to manipulate Mana of Death more efficiently.
Permanently doubles MP capacity.
While activated, 100% MP regeneration.
While activated, 10% MP absorption.
MP absorption range: 1 meter.
Costs 500 HP per minute while Umbra Control is active.

[Void Slash | Lv. 2 | MP: 90]
Slash with the power of the void, touching souls. When a soul is damaged, it heals automatically, however, Mana of Death stops that process by absorbing the soul entirely, slowing or stopping regeneration.
500% Damage Increase. Damage increases with stats.
50% Defense Penetration.
Additional MP can be used for additional damage.

Umbra Control confirmed what he believed he knew, specifically that it was a skill that costed HP rather than MP. It made sense, given its ability to heighten his MP regeneration. It also increased his overall MP, presumably by changing the amount of MP he gained per Intelligence point from 50 to 100, doubling his MP capacity.

Of course, he couldn't ignore the absolutely insane buff of Umbra Boost, which doubled 5 of his 7 stats. The effects of the buffs seemed to vary, overall changing the efficiency of his stat skills, but not changing the amount of his HP or MP, in the case of Vitality and Intelligence.

(Y/n) didn't linger on the thoughts for long. Having a proper description for Void Slash satisfied him, especially due to the shockingly low cost of the skill.