Chapter 8

"You sure you can take him..."

"Yeah, I'll just bring..."

"We need to get him his an..."

My body felt like it was currently on cloud nine, and also being held down by cement. Just feeling like this due to surgery drugs was weird. My hearing was also going in and out with my vision.

I didn't know who exactly was speaking, but it all sounded like I was underwater, and they were above. It was very muffled, and I was surprised that I could make out a little of what people were saying.

I feel arms support my back and under my knees, and, totally out of my right mental state, I pressed further into their chest, falling right back into my sleep.

———

He laid lifeless in my lap, his bright blue eyes staring horrifically up at me, like I was the one who had done this.

I reached out to touch his cheek, his blood that I had on my hands from his neck now staining his face. I felt my face wet with tears, and a disturbingly sick feeling in my stomach. My heart felt like it was now missing half of itself, and my mark started to has a sharp pain to it as the brilliant black faded into a light, dull gray.

"Wake up. Please, I didn't mean what I said earlier." I whisper hoarsely, barely finding the strength to speak.

Voices started to surround itself around me, my mate now gone and forgotten from my lap. Invisible hands touched my shoulder, some in praise, some in anger.

'This was for the best.' I heard a female voice.

'If he truly loved you, he wouldn't have done this.' Another spoke up.

'This was all your fault.' That one clawed it's way at my heartstrings.

Voices mixed in with each other, all speaking and repeating the same thing faster and faster. I looked around desperately for the voice, but found no source of outlet anywhere in the woods surrounding the clearing.

I raise my hands, still covered in the scarlet liquid, and begin to cover my ears. This was all to much. I felt like I needed to kick and harm these voices.

I screamed, the voices louder, my hands over my ears doing absolutely nothing. I couldn't hear myself. Everything around me seemed to be spinning and going at such a fast pace, and I was useless against all of it.

"Stop!" I raised my voice as loud as I could, and hopefully it was louder than my screams.

Suddenly, they all disappeared, but not with the one last voice. The one mattering the most.

'Why?' Was all that was said from it.

I felt my eyes widen with fear and terror, now bringing my hands down in front of my face, to look at what I had done to the person I had loved the most.

"Kyle." I hear my mate.

I snap my head up, and there he is, looking exactly like how he died in my lap, just standing up.

"I didn't mean it. Please, I'm sorry." I stand up as well, but my mate quickly takes faster and longer steps towards me.

I felt his hands grab tightly around my neck, my arms covering his wrist, my breathing being closed off. I couldn't speak due to no air.