You don't have to be alone-Eri and Bakugou

❗️❗️Spoilers for season four kinda ❗️❗️

Unedited

 Eri slowly walked through the halls of the dorm, careful not to make too much noise.  She had had a nightmare again, of Overhaul and Shi Hassai.  This one wasn't nearly as bad as most, so she didn't feel like waking Mr. ErasureHead was necessary.  Tonight, all she needed was a glass of water.

 The young girl padded softly through the halls, almost reaching the kitchen before she heard a noise.  She stopped dead in her tracks, hoping it had only been her imagination, but the sound continued.  She pressed her back to the wall, calming her pulsing heart while she listened to the sound. 

 The longer she listened, the more it sounded like someone crying.  She began trying to devise who it was.  Though the sobs were muffled, they sounded distinctly like that of a male's.  The breathes in between were raspy, like this person spent a lot of time using their voice prior to crying.  She only knew two people who use their mouth that much.  But Deku cries freely and openly, during the day, not caring who may see.  That leaves...

 Eri peaks around the corner, and sure enough, there's the blonde boy that yells all the time.  What did Deku call him?  Kacchan?  Slipping into the common room, behind the couch unnoticed, Eri wondered what she should do.  She eventually decided that she would do what any hero would do and try to comfort him.

 The child stood and slowly approached 'Kacchan'. She didn't want to startle him or make him angry, so she kept a steady pace as she crossed the room.  He had his face buried into his knees, his blonde hair shimmering in the moonlight.  Eri could see his shoulders shake with the force of his sobs.  It pulled at her heartstrings.

 Suddenly, the blonde looked up and Eri froze.  Would he be mad?  Would he yell at her?

  "Eri? What are you doing up kiddo?"

 Eri was surprised by his tone when he finally spoke.  It was soft, softer than she'd ever heard from him.  Maybe, she didn't have to be scared?

  "I-I wanted some water, B-but then I heard you crying Kacchan a-and."

 "Don't worry about me," the blonde said as he wiped tears from his eyes.  "C'mon. I'll get you some water."  Kacchan stood and walked past her, toward the kitchen.  Eri, couldn't let him brush this off like it was nothing!  He had been crying and she still hadn't managed to make him feel better!

  "Mr. ErasureHead says that no one should have to cry alone.  I won't let you be alone!"  The blonde froze at that.  Eri worried that she had upset him when she saw his shoulders shake again, but her fears were quelled when he turned around with a smile.

  "You're what? 6? And already a little hero."

  But I haven't saved anybody.

  "Yes you have."  Oh. She had said that out loud.  "You saved me a big fu-reakin' neck ache. I almost fell asleep sitting there!"  That was a lie and she knew it but, she figured she could let him have this one.  Wasn't he gonna-  "Don't you go surpassing me though." -There it was, though it held no malice.

 As Kacchan fixed a glass of water for her, Eri asked, "Why were you out here, and not in your room?"

  "I didn't want to make Shi-Kirishima worry."

 Once Eri had had her water, they began to head the their respective rooms but, Eri stopped for a moment. "Kacchan?" 

  "Yes?"

  "When I cry, sometimes I sleep with Mr. ErasureHead so I sleep better.  Would you sleep better if you slept with me?"

 Kacchan turned around and smiled at her. She decided she liked Kacchan's Smile. "I think so." Eri grabbed the blonde's hand and proceeded to drag him to her room.  Once there, Kaccan laid down against the wall and pulled Eri to him. The small child was asleep in minutes, the blonde following not long after.

  And if Aizawa walked in the next morning to find them cuddling, he never said anything.