Amber's Statement + Apology

Who's reporting on 2 month old drama?
Me, teehee! Anyway got this information from Billboard.com (mmm)

~If you didn't know, which many probably didn't because, it was little press on it. Amber had a, very controversial opinion when it came to a black man getting arrested. (Video above shows everything that happened)

~Her statement on the situation: "I think he deserved it, he was being disrespectful. You don't have to act like that to a police officer. A police officer is a police officer. You should still some type of respect. You know your rights, but show some type of respect."

~If you're not from the US or if you haven't heard, for the past almost 6 or 7 years police brutality towards black people, black men in particular, has greatly rose. Police officers have killed black men for literally no reason, and they ALL get off. Police officers treat black men with literally no respect in America, they treat blacks as if we are second class citizens. (It's a lot of history behind all of this that really has nothing to do with my book so I'm not going to get into it, if you want to learn more...look it up...or watch the news...or go to Alabama)

~So, for Amber to sit there and say, he (a black man) needs to RESPECT an officer. Mannnnnnnn stfu. AND TO SAY THAT HE DESERVED IT!! Amber, girl, he was eating a damn sandwich, and when confronted, obviously seeing that he was being singled out, he was sticking up for himself!!! He wasn't violent, he wasn't resisting, he was eating a sandwich standing with his girlfriend.

~Okay but she did apologize...(pretty much making excuses...)

(From Billboard)

(From Billboard)

~Anyway, all I gotta say is, I don't believe that she didn't know about the violence, so that apology is crap to me. BUT if she truly "didn't know", it's good that she's open to get educated on the situation.

~I really can't touch on this as a mediator cuz I'm black so I'm going to have a biased opinion.

~Well...yep...she made an ignorant statement...a really offensive statement...so, yeah.

~(Lastly, it's not just blacks who are treated as second class citizens in the US, it pretty goes for any minority group, just wanted to add that. Us minorities gotta stick together!!