"What? You mean Ms. Frost?"

He scoffed, "Uh, yeah dick head. Who else?"

"Ms. Frost has my file," I said. It's not exactly a lie, but it's not the entire truth, but it's enough to get him off my ass.

He looked a little surprised when I said that. He was the one who told me about the school cracking down on counselor meetings and stuff. I guess no one really expected them to go this far though.

"Yeah. Those shit heads really did it," I confirmed. "I can say it again if you like."

"Fuck Joe ... that's a little much don't you think?"

"Considering my circumstances I don't have a choice, but to let it be."

"True ... does she have my file?"

"I don't know," I answered. "Unless you have a record of an apparent mental illness I don't know about. Or a violent pattern."

"Good point," He said.

"Another thing. You're not allowed to go back to the Circle. You go back — I can't help you then," I warned.

He nodded, not saying another word. I guess he got the message loud and clear.

Class started after the final bell. Everyone got ready to take more notes. I had my stuff in front of me, slowly zoning out into my thoughts.

Athena's voice became clear to my ears again as my eyes followed her every movement. I don't think I've ever been captured by someone so much before. She's not like the other teachers here in school. She's different, her aura is different.

There's a part of me that still isn't sure if I should trust her fully or not. I have to remember that her position is important to her. I mean, it would be important to me too. I'm sure if she had to choose between me or her job, she'll choose her job.

Class finished an hour and thirty minutes later. Tommy and I packed our things and got ready to go.

"Can I ask you something?" Tommy said while slinging his bookbag around his back.

"Sure," I answered, curious.

"So it's true you have like ... an anger disorder?"

I took a deep breath, "Yeah. It's true. I guess."

"Ah ... well, that makes sense now. You know—"

"Losing my mother made it worse for a while," I cut him off. "I spent years rejecting it because I didn't believe I had a problem, but ... I guess I have a problem. One I've had since I was a kid."

"Accepting any illness or disorder can't be easy. So I commend you for getting yourself out of denial," He smiled. "Good job, Joe."

I smiled, "Thanks."

"See you at the gym later?"

I put my messenger over my shoulder, "Absolutely."

He didn't wait up for me. I waited until a few more students left the classroom to get Athena alone before leaving, but she got her keys and got up from her desk herself.

"Oh, you heading out?" I asked.

"Yeah, I forgot my new planner in my car," She sighed. "That and my phone charger."

"Oh, okay. I'll see you ..."

"Are you coming by for lunch?" She asked.

I shrugged, "Maybe."

We walked out of the classroom. She locked the door behind her and said goodbye. It hurt to watch her walk away. I found myself wanting to just sit in front of her like I usually do.