Chapter 12 ~ Legend

Start from the beginning

"Anna told me what's been going on. And I heard you talked to Mason so he called me up and told me to keep an eye on you. Make sure you don't leave-"

"I need to check on them. Please" I whispered

"I know. And that's why I'm coming with you" he said and I sighed in relief "Mason will be pissed" he said.

"I know. But my family means everything to me. I don't care if I'm locked up in a cell forever but as long as I know that they're safe I'll be fine" I said and he sighed.

"Left trail" he said and I looked at it, I bit my lip walking and he followed me. "How long have you been following me?" I frowned.

"Since you were sneaking out the house. The back door slides and makes some squeaky noise. Everyone knows not to sneak out from there" he said and I blushed

"Oops" I said and he chuckled.

"I didn't even sense you... Or smell you" I said and he grinned "good" he said "you know how to mask your scent?" I asked stopping in my tracks.

"A little bit-"

"Can you teach me?"

"I learned from Mason. I doubt he'll teach you" he said and I sighed loudly walking away making him chuckle.

"You've known Mason a long time right?" I asked hugging myself "since we were kids" he nodded

"Do you know what happened with his family?" I asked and he tensed making me frown.

'What the hell happened?' Sarafina frowned

"I do know-"

"But you can't tell me" I muttered

"It's not my story to tell" he said looking at me "he told me he'd let them die... They must've done something really bad if he thinks that about them.... I can't think about hating my family like that" I mumbled.

"Well he went through a lot of stuff. Terrible stuff" He mumbled shaking his head "do you think he'll ever tell me?" I asked.

"I don't think so" he shrugged "he told you-"

"No. I just saw stuff. And I found out" evan said and I sighed, "I wish he can open up" I said looking down.

"Give him time. He will" he said and I shook my head 'not after today...'

                                  ***

  I bit my lip walking faster hearing a scream, "Jordyn,slow down!" Evan said following me quickly.

"Did you not hear that?" I said walking quickly and he grabbed my waist quickly and I squealed as we fell on the ground.

"Evan!" I growled

"Whose out there!" We heard and froze, I looked through the bushes seeing Zac, Xavier's best friend.

"Come out!" He growled and I slowly stood up "Jordyn" Evan hissed. I climbed out the bushes and looked at him.

"It's me" I mumbled

"Jordyn?" He said and I nodded, Evan stood up standing next to me and Zac growled.

"No! He's with me" I said standing in front of him, "Zac please. I need to see Alpha Derek" I said and he looked at me.

"Why?"

"I need to talk to him obviously" I said and he rolled his eyes, "fine" he muttered watching Evan.

"He won't hurt anyone" I said grabbing Evan's sleeve and pulled him towards the house.