Chapter 49

He turned around and Harry gasped, "Professor Quirell. What are you doing here? I could've sworn it was Snape who was going to steal the stone."

Quirell said, "Oh yes he does seem the type doesn't he? With him swooping around the castle acting all mysterious and moody who would ever suspect poor st-stuttering prof-fesor Quirell?"

"Me," I replied, "I knew it was you all along. So why do you want the stone? You seem pretty healthy, why would you ever need the stone."

"My master wanted me to get it for him, it will help him grow to full power."

"Who's your master?" questioned Harry.

"It's none of your bus-" he started but he was cut off.

A voice barely above a raspy whisper said, "Let me talk to him."

"My Lord, are you strong enough?"

"I am strong enough for this," the voice replied.

Quirell turned around and started to unravel his turban. Once it fell off his head my eyebrows flew up. Attached to the back of his head was another face. It was pale and wrinkly.

"Who are you?" questioned Harry sounding much more brave then I'm sure he felt.

"Oh my dear boy, you don't recognize me? I suppose that makes sense, you were only a baby."

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked.

"Harry step back," I commanded.

He looked at me and I nodded. He took a few cautious steps back. I quickly put up an invisible barrier and approached Quirell.

I bowed low, "My Lord."

"Who are you?" he rasped.

"My name is Jessica Snape. I've heard the stories about your greatness from father and intend on helping you grow to full power as fast as you can."

"Jessica!" yelled Harry, "What are you doing?"

I held up a hand to him. I put a sound barrier so he couldn't hear me then made it so that we could still hear him.

I turned back to Quirell, "I apologize my Lord but having him as my company is necessary. As far as I know, you had my father spying on Albus Dumbledore towards the end of your first reign of power. He has been teaching me and preparing me for your next uprising and if you would have it, I could pass along information coming from Harry Potter's mouth himself."

He nodded, "Yes," he mused, "That would be helpful. Your father is Severus Snape?"

I nodded, "Yes sir."

"Well then you can show your loyalty to me by getting me the stone. I see it in the mirror but I cannot get to it, do you know any of the magic of the mirror?"

I gestured to the mirror, "If I may my Lord, can I look into the mirror?"

He nodded so I walked up to the mirror and saw myself with the stone in my pocket. Suddenly I felt a weight in my pocket and knew it had appeared there.

I turned back to Lord Voldemort, "My Lord, I believe we have to use the boy. I think this is Dumbledore's trap and I think that he might have made it so that only Harry can get the stone."

He nodded and hissed to Quirell, "Get him over here."

Quirell nodded and took down the barriers I had put up. He pushed Harry over who was glaring at me. I kept a blank face as Quirell pushed him in front of the mirror.

"What do you see?" Quirell asked.

"I see myself shaking hands with Dumbledore. I've just won the house cup," stammered Harry.