Chapter 14

I dashed out the door and up the stairs down the corridor to the Charms classroom. I made it with 5 minutes to spare, and I didn't see the professor anywhere. I made the locker appear and then took my Charms book out of it.

Right then the teacher for the class walked in. He was short and when he saw the locker he rushed over.

I sighed slightly preparing myself for his questions.

"Is that the locker of in-between charm?" the man asked.

"Yes sir," I replied.

"Wow that's amazing work. What do you need that for?"

"Just to carry around schoolbooks," I replied.

"Well very good work I'm sure you will do well in today's lesson."

I made the locker disappear trying not to make such a big deal out of such a simple thing.

I smiled at him and he continued to the front of the room to take roll call. He stood on a stack of books to make himself heard.

After roll call was complete he said, "We are going to be working with the levitating spell today. The words are Wingardium Leviosa."

He demonstrated the correct hand movements and told us all to try it but not to worry if we didn't get it on our first try.

Without saying anything or doing anything but looking at the feather I made it rise into the air, do a flip and settle down on my desk. All the Ravenclaws in the class looked at me strangely as they struggled to get theirs to move.

Professor Flitwick came over and said to me, "Great job. 10 points to Gryffindor. Not that I'm surprised. If you can pull of one of the hardest charms ever a levitation spell should be a piece of cake."

I smiled and said, "No, it wasn't that difficult sir."

He said, "For most people it's all in the pronunciation and the correct hand movements but I saw you did neither. I think we can expect great things from you."

"Thank you sir."

"Of course. Now if you don't mind could you show me the in-between locker spell. I was only able to do the spell once or twice and be able to touch the locker."

"Not a problem sir," I said.

With a wave of my hand the locker appeared and with another thought it became physical. He reached out to touch it and went his hand hit something he jerked it back.

"Wow that's amazing," he said more to himself than to me, "So how exactly does it work?"

"I'm not entirely sure. I just read the spell somewhere and decided to try it out this morning. When it worked I figured it was a good way to carry my things. All you do is put the thing you want to hold in the locker. Then you make it disappear and when you need the stuff you open it back up and take it out."

"So you just did this spell for the first time this morning and already have it mastered so far?"

I nodded and he said, "That's truly something extraordinary."

I felt my cheeks redden like they always did when someone complimented me and said, "Sir Hermione has the spell."

He turned around to compliment her and I put the locker away. Some of the Ravenclaw students were looking at me strangely.

The rest of the class went smoothly. I helped out students both Ravenclaws and Gryffindors. Professor Flitwick didn't ask me anymore questions as more and more people got the spell right. I was starting to get tired of explaining the hand movements to a Ravenclaw who thought she was better and smarter than everyone. I looked over at the clock and saw that there was only about 5 minutes left.