Chapter 41

He shrugged and went back to eating. I looked over at the Slytherin table and my heart stopped when I saw Blake wasn't there. I immediately went over things that could have happened to him. I stopped worrying when I looked over the door, and saw him enter.

I waved him over and he came over with a smile looking nervously at the Slytherin table. I cursed myself silently for not thinking of the repercussions of inviting him to meet my friends.

"Hey Jessica what's up?" he said once he had reached us.

I smiled, "Nothing, sorry I wasn't really thinking."

He shrugged, "It's fine. Ever since I made it known I knew you and what you did to Draco and the Wilkes kid, everyone has sorta stopped."

I laughed, "Great. Well this is Hermione, Ron and Harry," I said gesturing to each one, "And guys this is Blake Cox."

"Hi," they all said to each other.

"These are the people that are going to help me with the club tonight," I told Blake then said to my other three friends, "And Blake is going to come and participate in the club."

"Great, it's nice to meet you," said Hermione.

I knew it was going to take a long time to get them to be friends and not always be so formal but once they all knew each other I knew they could get over the rivalry between the two houses.

"Well I'm going to get something to eat, then I'll meet you to walk to Transfiguration?" Blake said.

"Absolutely, I'll see you then," I said with a smile.

He walked away waving at Hermione, Harry and Ron. They waved back less than enthusiastic.

Hermione said to me, "He seemed pretty nice."

"He is, I swear you guys are going to love him once you get to know him."

"As long as you trust him, that's good enough for me right now," Harry said.

I smiled at him, "He isn't your typical Slytherin, he's really nice."

"Alright, if you like him then I can put up with him," Ron said.

"Who's this Slytherin we're talking about?" said a voice behind us.

I looked back to see Neville standing there looking worried, "Blake Cox. He's the quiet kid in our potions that always sits away from everyone else."

"Oh he seemed nice. He made the antidote and everything," Neville replied relaxing.

Hermione motioned to the three seats next to us, "Take a seat guys."

They all sat down and started to dig into the food in front of us. Hermione and I looked at each other with a look that said boys ugh we each rolled our eyes and burst into a fit of laughter.

We looked up to see all the boys staring at us, "What are we so gorgeous you can't take your eyes off of us?" I teased.

They all looked away reddening as Ron said, "What were you laughing at?"

Hermione and I exchanged a look, "Nothing," we said together then burst out laughing again.

All the boys looked at each other like what is their problem?

Soon all the boys were done eating and it was time to go to Transfiguration. I caught Blake's eye and nodded towards the door. He nodded and stood up, making his way over to the door.

All of us made our way over to the door to meet up with Blake. I introduced him to Dean and Seamus who reluctantly waved and said hi. I sighed inwardly; it was going to be hard to convince everyone that Blake was a genuinely nice guy.