Chapter 34

I looked around the room and asked, "Well what do we do with all of them?"

My father answered, "We'll go upstairs and tell the Headmaster what happened. He'll be able to find punishments for all of them."

Blake and I nodded as he said, "I'm sorry. I heard someone crying for help from the bathroom and assumed it was someone Wilkes was hurting. It turned out it was just a spell he used to make his voice sound different. You shouldn't have come in; you probably would have gotten hurt if Professor Snape didn't come," he thought for a moment then asked him, "How did you know to come?"

Severus said, "Jessica sent me her patronus telling me that I needed to come down here."

"Well cool thanks for helping me sir. Thank you Jessica."

I shook my head and allowed the corners of my lips to rise slightly before looking at the ground.

My father started for the door as Blake and I trailed behind him. The three of us walked through the deserted corridors. I was startled by the eerie quietness before I realized they were probably still ordered to be in their dorms because of the troll attack. Once we got to the Headmaster's staircase Severus uttered the password and the grand eagle began to turn.

Severus walked briskly up the stairs and barged through the wooden door without pausing to knock. Blake and I filed in after him. Dumbledore was sitting behind his wooden desk but looked up when he saw the three of us.

"Ah back so soon Severus?"

My father fixed him with a glare and said, "Yes and with good reason. It seems like you had a slight problem with security tonight. Marlene was here tonight with some 6th year Slytherin students to take Jessica back."

Dumbledore stood up and raised an eyebrow slightly, "Do you know how she got into the school?"

"It seems as though she blackmailed one of the Governors into giving her the visitor's password so Filch let her in. After that she went straight to the Slytherin common room and they held Mr. Cox hostage then Jessica came in and called for me. When I came we took care of him and untied Mr. Cox then Marlene and a dozen Slytherin students came in. Between the three of us we were able to take them all out and they are currently in the girl's bathroom in the dungeons," my father said faster than normal.

Dumbledore nodded and said, "I will come down with you and call the ministry. Why don't you accompany Miss Wallwirt and Mr. Cox to their dormitories while I write a letter to the ministry?"

Severus nodded and strode out the door with me and Blake a few feet behind.

We walked down into the dungeons past the girl's bathroom, deeper into the dungeons. We reached the door to the Slytherin common room quickly.

"Well goodnight then. I'll see you around," said Blake.

"Goodnight," Severus and I muttered.

Instead of going straight to the Gryffindor common room my father led me into his living quarters and took a seat on a chair to the side of the room behind a desk. Nervously I took a seat in the chair on the other side of the table and glanced at him apprehensively.

"You looked really worried," he noted.

I shrugged not trusting my voice.

"How long were you there before I got there?"

I realized I had to speak and said quietly, "A few minutes."

He nodded and ran a hand through his jet black hair, "Very well. Now what's bothering you? I know you aren't alright regardless of how good you are at hiding your emotions."