Chapter 33

I heard a chair screech and I ran down the stairs; still invisible. I ran all the way to the dungeons and into Severus's living quarters. If I was in his office it might look suspicious that I was right where he thought I was going to be. If I was in his living quarters it meant in general he was right that I wanted to talk to him but wrong in regards to the location.

I took a seat in one of the chairs just as my father burst into the room looking upset.

I knew I had to pretend I didn't hear the conversation, "What's the matter?" I asked.

"Nothing of any importance. Why aren't you in your common room?"

"I wanted to talk to you obviously, but more importantly what's the matter?" I tried again.

"It doesn't matter. Well then talk," he replied a little aggressively.

"It does matter, it's bothering you."

"No it doesn't. I am just upset that you didn't go to your common room."

"No you aren't," I said, "You were mad walking in, even before you saw me."

He sat down while saying, "It's nothing so drop it."

He looked really upset so I said gently, "It's bothering you though."

He sighed and said, "It was just something that happened during my meeting with Albus."

"How did it go?" I questioned even though I knew everything that had been said.

"I just told him what happened in Mr. Cox's memory and I told him that I wanted him expelled even if he couldn't do it."

"It's fine. We'll be careful and neither of us are stupid."

"You heard what he said! I know he's right. If you know someone is in trouble and you can help them, you will go and help them; disregarding the danger it puts you in."

"I'll be fine," I said staring at him hard.

"I know you'll try. It just bothers me that I can't rely on myself to protect you every second of the day."

"You don't need to. I'll be fine; I mean it. Even if I get hurt I'll heal. I don't think he'll go far enough to kill either one of us," I said firmly.

"It pains me when you are hurt though," he said quietly looking down at the floor.

"I know but there isn't anything you can do except know I'll get better. We don't even know if I'll get hurt so we need to stop this depressing talk."

"You should get to your common room. I'm sure your friends are anxious to hear about everything that happened."

I smiled gently at him and said, "I will but if you need anything just send me a message."

He allowed himself a small smile and said, "I will and you can do the same."

I stood up and walked over to him. I looked him in the eye before bending down and hugging him around his neck. He pulled me closer to him and returned the hug.

As I stood up to leave I whispered, "I love you dad."

I tried to leave before he could respond but he pulled my hand and said, "I love you too Jessica."

I beamed at him and with a small wave I left his living quarters and walked up the stairs going towards the Gryffindor common room.

When I was about to go up the second staircase in the dungeons I heard a small cry from down the hall. I was deep in thought and suddenly looked up; snapping out of my trance-like walk. It sounded like it was coming from the girl's bathroom. Being cautious because I was sure it was a trap I walked slowly to the door.