Chapter 13

Ron asked me what I was sure was on all of their minds, "What meeting was McGonagall talking about?"

I smiled and said, "She wanted to have Dumbledore evaluate me to see how much I know. That's why she had me turn the desk into a pig."

They all nodded in understanding. We were nearly to the dungeons where the potions class would be held. We went down one more staircase and into the potions classroom. The only seats left were in the front of the room. We went and the four of us sat next to Neville and Seamus Finnigan. Taking a glance down at my watch I saw there was still 10 minutes until class. Looking around I saw all the Slytherin's talking amongst themselves. All the Gryffindors were being unusually quiet.

Leaning over to ask Ron I said, "Why is everyone being so quiet?"

He said quietly, "Well Snape will never take points from the Slytherins. Everyone knows he hates all the Gryffindors and he tries to take points from us all the time. Besides that he scares everyone."

"He doesn't seem that scary."

"What? He scared me so badly."

"Eh he doesn't really scare me," I said honestly.

I now knew why Severus thought it was best if no one knew we were related. Kids who I viewed as friends were already judging him and they hadn't even had a class with him yet. I opted to try and keep it a secret for as long as I could.

Trying to not appear out of place I stayed as quiet as the rest of the Gryffindors. I noticed while looking around that the Malfoy boy was in this class. He was probably in my Transfiguration too since Slytherins and Gryffindors have those two classes together; amongst others.

Suddenly there was a loud closing of a door and I rolled my eyes prepared for Severus' dramatic entrance. As he came in I realized that with the billowing cape and pale complexion I saw why everyone called him a vampire.

Pulling out a piece of parchment he did roll call.

At Harry's name he stopped and said, "Ah yes Mr. Potter our new celebrity."

Harry flinched at the word celebrity. It was obvious that he thought of himself as normal. I could tell he didn't want to be signaled out or treated any differently.

"So the great Harry Potter would surely know what I would get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Harry looked confused and I was too. I knew the answer and Hermione's hand in the air meant she did too, but surely Severus wouldn't expect everyone to know something as hard as that.

Waiting a moment Severus then said, "Ah a shame apparently fame isn't anything. The correct answer Mr. Potter is Draught of Living Death."

Harry looked confused and nervous under his professor's glare but Severus kept going asking, "And Mr. Potter where would I find a bezoar?"

Only Hermione's hand was in the air and I knew the answer but I was too confused as to why Severus was being so mean to Harry to answer.

Harry shook his head and said, "I'm sorry I don't know."

"Clearly you didn't read your books enough. 5 points from Gryffindor. The correct answer for anyone who cares is you would find a bezoar in the stomach of a goat."

Harry looked miserable as Severus said, "I want you all to find the Sleeping Draught in your textbook and brew it. I will be going around and checking on progress. Now begin."

As everyone got out their books and looked for the potion I started to cut up my ingredients or crush them. This potion was easy and one that I already had memorized. Instead of brewing it the way the book said to I brewed it the way it would be best to.